TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Proper LOLz.

8 days later

HB
HarryB
Have been watching quite a few episodes of The View recently and they have a permanent set of 5 presenters Whoopi, Abby, Joy, Sunny and Meghan. Every single episode I've seen since the end of Feb has had all 5 of the presenters (apart from Whoopi during illness) and seems like the ladies never have a day off during the 5 day week. Ana co hosts a few times a week except during Whoopi's illness where she has appeared more frequent.

So how can Loose Women have a list of so many panellists and also guest hosts whereas The View are able to secure permanent hosts? It makes The View seem so much more professional with their intro of the clips of 5 presenters (and occasional addition of 6 with Ana). Whereas Loose Women have different hosts nearly everyday each week.

Example of todays episode of the The View
WH
Whataday Founding member
So how can Loose Women have a list of so many panellists and also guest hosts whereas The View are able to secure permanent hosts?

The salary budget for The View's on screen talent is higher than the entire production budget of Loose Women.
SL
Shaun Linden
I would add ITV probably feels it better to have a rotation to keep it fresher.

As a note from above, Ana is classed as a co-host now, and was bought in last November mainly to do Fridays. As Whoopi has been ill however she has been on-screen more. When Ana is on, the opening titles which she features in is used, as shown in that video above.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The show was much better during Whoopi's absence I felt.
SL
Shaun Linden
The show was much better during Whoopi's absence I felt.

As much as I like Whoopi, I feel the other co-hosts get more of a say. Whoopi tends to bring it back to her own opinion and it comes across that that's THE opinion everyone should have, rather than just expressing a view which the others do.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Whenever I saw it, Joy Behar was sitting in Seat One, and anchoring the show.

Loose today: both Christine Lampard and Kaye Adams on the panel, with Christine taking the lead role.
AD
addlestones
The View is amazing and should be on something like ITV2. Whoopi when in full health tends to do Mon - Thurs in the main chair and Joy takes over on Friday. Mon - Fri it's (left to right) - Whoopi, Abi, Joy , Sunny and Meghan. Friday (left to right) is Joy, Abi, Ana, Sunny and Meghan.

It is not ununsual during a show when guests come on for one or two of the hosts to be missing and also for some guests to be the sixth person at the table.

They pack a lot into The View, along with guests some segmants can invove 'Deals of the day' music performances and more.

I just wish there was a way of watching a full programme other than the uploads on Youtube, which can be hit and miss and the official The View youtube uploads can be too short but something is better than nothing.

It will be interesting if they have guest hosts whilst Abi is off for maternity like when Sara was off
NG
noggin Founding member
The View is amazing and should be on something like ITV2. Whoopi when in full health tends to do Mon - Thurs in the main chair and Joy takes over on Friday. Mon - Fri it's (left to right) - Whoopi, Abi, Joy , Sunny and Meghan. Friday (left to right) is Joy, Abi, Ana, Sunny and Meghan.

The View used to have a slot on a channel here but was dropped ISTR.

I don't think US shows like that rate so well here as they are very US-centric, and don't appeal to a wider non-US audience (the same is true of US late night shows that channels keep trying to get a UK audience to watch, but we don't). To be fair, we wouldn't expect Loose Women to work in the US either.
KE
kernow

You might be thinking of The Talk, which used to be shown on Diva TV. Not sure if The View has ever been shown here.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show does get shown on ITV2 though, after previously being shown on Really.
NG
noggin Founding member

You might be thinking of The Talk, which used to be shown on Diva TV. Not sure if The View has ever been shown here.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show does get shown on ITV2 though, after previously being shown on Really.

No - The View definitely popped up on a UK channel back in the day. (Might have been a Sky subscription channel) I've never watched 'The Talk', but definitely watched episodes of 'The View' in the UK.
WH
what
This may be a good time to mention an interview I saw with the Loose Women in a magazine last year, where it was mentioned in conversation that there’s been discussions regarding them swapping with the hosts of The View for a couple of episodes this year.

Newer posts