The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

SW
Steve Williams
The Graham Norton Show would have aired - it is his contract with the BBC, they would not have delayed his show I presume.

Unless you know otherwise, I'm pretty sure the BBC do not issue contracts that demand programmes to be televised on certain dates regardless of any events. More than likely he's contracted to do X number of shows a year and the Beeb can show those whenever they see fit.
JA
Jamesypoo Anglia (East) Look East
The Graham Norton Show would have aired - it is his contract with the BBC, they would not have delayed his show I presume.

Unless you know otherwise, I'm pretty sure the BBC do not issue contracts that demand programmes to be televised on certain dates regardless of any events. More than likely he's contracted to do X number of shows a year and the Beeb can show those whenever they see fit.

Quite. Can you image the headlines if this was actually true?

VIEWERS OUTRAGE OVER DISRESPECTFUL BBC SCUM SHOWING GAY CELEBRITY CHAT SHOW AFTER ROYAL DEATH
BM
BM11

BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
I suspect they're all as fed up, confused and exasperated by it as the rest of us.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Theresa Mays resignation maybe?

I don't think the four horsemen of the apocalypse could get her to resign, she's so stubbourn.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I think by the time the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have arrived on the scene we're going to have more serious issues to worry about in all honesty - who's PM at that point is pretty much arbitrary really.
BM
BM11

AA
Aaron_2015 Recently warned West Country (West) Spotlight
PM rumoured to be making a statement outside No. 10 tonight which I imagine will change very little.

A general election now seems more likely than ever, The Guardian reported last November the BBC were beginning to plan for one. Surely all the broadcasters will have now made some preparations?
BM
BM11
PM rumoured to be making a statement outside No. 10 tonight which I imagine will change very little.

A general election now seems more likely than ever, The Guardian reported last November the BBC were beginning to plan for one. Surely all the broadcasters will have now made some preparations?

Could be a general election called tonight (and looking more likely) which would almost certifiably be held on the same day as the local elections. Any later than Tuesday and any election could not coincide with the locals.
It could (and maybe more realistic) also be her resigning or outright threatening to go if certain things do or dont happen.
Last edited by BM11 on 20 March 2019 3:35pm
BM
BM11

:-(
A former member
If there another election, I can't deal with this, It was bad enough trying to get pres the every single year, i just want an OFF YEAR..
AA
Aaron_2015 Recently warned West Country (West) Spotlight
BM11 posted:

Could be a general election called tonight (and looking more likely) which would almost certifiably be held on the same day as the local elections. Any later than Tuesday and any election could not coincide with the locals.
It could also be her resigning or outright threatening to go if certain things do or dont happen.

Political reporters now suggesting May will set out her resignation timetable tonight, rather than resigning or calling an election.

Something is happening this evening, but it’s all up in the air at the moment. At least BBC One have a relatively easy schedule to change, half an hour of The One Show could easily go.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic