« Topics
Steve Williams2,781 posts since 1 Aug 2008
The Graham Norton Show would have aired - it is his contract with the BBC, they would not have delayed his show I presume.

Unless you know otherwise, I'm pretty sure the BBC do not issue contracts that demand programmes to be televised on certain dates regardless of any events. More than likely he's contracted to do X number of shows a year and the Beeb can show those whenever they see fit.
buster, bilky asko and 4 others
  • Jeffmister
  • Cando
  • chevron
  • London Lite
gave kudos
Jamesypoo1,445 posts since 3 Apr 2005
Anglia (East) Look East
The Graham Norton Show would have aired - it is his contract with the BBC, they would not have delayed his show I presume.

Unless you know otherwise, I'm pretty sure the BBC do not issue contracts that demand programmes to be televised on certain dates regardless of any events. More than likely he's contracted to do X number of shows a year and the Beeb can show those whenever they see fit.

Quite. Can you image the headlines if this was actually true?

VIEWERS OUTRAGE OVER DISRESPECTFUL BBC SCUM SHOWING GAY CELEBRITY CHAT SHOW AFTER ROYAL DEATH
Norwich Designer
Steve Williams gave kudos
Aaron_20151,099 posts since 11 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight
PM rumoured to be making a statement outside No. 10 tonight which I imagine will change very little.

A general election now seems more likely than ever, The Guardian reported last November the BBC were beginning to plan for one. Surely all the broadcasters will have now made some preparations?
BM11 gave kudos
BM11976 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London
PM rumoured to be making a statement outside No. 10 tonight which I imagine will change very little.

A general election now seems more likely than ever, The Guardian reported last November the BBC were beginning to plan for one. Surely all the broadcasters will have now made some preparations?

Could be a general election called tonight (and looking more likely) which would almost certifiably be held on the same day as the local elections. Any later than Tuesday and any election could not coincide with the locals.
It could (and maybe more realistic) also be her resigning or outright threatening to go if certain things do or dont happen.
Last edited by BM11 on 20 March 2019 3:35pm
Aaron_20151,099 posts since 11 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight

Could be a general election called tonight (and looking more likely) which would almost certifiably be held on the same day as the local elections. Any later than Tuesday and any election could not coincide with the locals.
It could also be her resigning or outright threatening to go if certain things do or dont happen.

Political reporters now suggesting May will set out her resignation timetable tonight, rather than resigning or calling an election.

Something is happening this evening, but it’s all up in the air at the moment. At least BBC One have a relatively easy schedule to change, half an hour of The One Show could easily go.