The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RA
radiolistener
There was literally no news at all on Look North tonight, no round up back in the studio, no round up of the weekend’s sport, nothing.

We did get the weather though.

Which one?

The last time I saw Levy Live on a Monday there was no sport then either.
MI
michaelb
Yorkshire
There was literally no news at all on Look North tonight, no round up back in the studio, no round up of the weekend’s sport, nothing.

We did get the weather though.

Which one?

The last time I saw Levy Live on a Monday there was no sport then either.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Last night it was Calendar’s turn to have a special programme with no regular news but for altogether different reasons. The entire edition was dedicated to the 10 year anniversary of the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence, with Duncan live in York and Christine in the studio.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I'm going to guess that one or both shows will be presenting from the top of Emley Moor tonight on the 50th anniversary of the mast collapse?
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
I'm going to guess that one or both shows will be presenting from the top of Emley Moor tonight on the 50th anniversary of the mast collapse?

MI
michaelb
Is it very often for Harry to do anything else but the main programme as he is on lunchtime today
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Anyone know the background to this?

JA
jamesw83
Just that it was a bit of an error-strewn research fail: 1. Referred to it as the first footbridge across the Ouse for 138 years , forgetting the Millennium Bridge.
2. Suggested that foot access across the site was new, when it wasn't.

To be fair to the BBC, the press release mentioned point 1 as well, but it was just a general set of problems.
MI
michaelb
Luxmy was back reporting for London News on the lunchtime news today featuring blooper
AN
Andrew Founding member
Luxmy was back reporting for London News on the lunchtime news today featuring blooper

She did the Look North late news yesterday and has hosted the main Look North most of the week
AN
Andrew Founding member
Calendar North started about 30 seconds late tonight, as we were stuck on a VT clock that then started counting down. As a result we lost 30 secs from the end.
JO
Johnr
I know this is a totally random and weird request but does anyone know if it is possible to get a signed postcard these days or similar from either Harry or Tanya?

My boss is leaving in a couple of months and is a huge fan of rugby the Super League show (he literally spends a lunch break every week watching it!) so we were hoping to surprise him with something a little ‘different’!

Newer posts