TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SL
Shaun Linden

It's not the first time they've had a 10 minute discussion about the bin. It usually starts with Piers bragging about the fact he doesn't need scripts and pointing out Susanna and Charlotte do.

And GMB wonder why they are not beating BBC Breakfast? Yes, BBC Breakfast may seem dull, but it is safe and secure breakfast place for news, local news etc. GMB has seem to just be the Piers Morgan Show in all but name. When Piers is not there, at least GMB takes a move towards being a near proper breakfast show (Thursday and Friday only).

That's is when it's at its dullest I'm sorry to say a viewer. I often have a giggle to myself when Piers decides to go off on one.

As we all know, both Piers and Susanna can show what brilliant broadcasters they are when something awful happens and that's when it shows what they can really do.

People are quick to forget that big breaking news has occurred when both are presenting and the tone and nature of the show instantly goes professional. Good Morning Britain is often very quick with breaking news stories - something which isn't mentioned much.
JK
JKDerry
How bad is regional news still on GMB? Is it still a blink and you miss it approach?
GM
Gary McEwan
How bad is regional news still on GMB? Is it still a blink and you miss it approach?

Aye, it's 3 or 4 stories and the weather still. Nothing else has changed.
VM
VMPhil
Sometimes it feels like this thread is filled with the same arguments rehashed every ten pages.

Breakfast fans can't understand why you'd want to watch GMB, GMB fans can't understand why you'd want to watch Breakfast.
DB
dbl
I watch GMB for the bants/personalities* with of course news, if I really want hard news in the morning then there's BBC Breakfast. There's nothing wrong with BBC Breakfast it's just not my cup of tea in the morning.

*Yes, Piers Morgan annoys me, but he's extremely marmite.
BR
Brekkie

Do you need more than 3 or 4 stories though. They're often scraping the barrel by the third anyway.
BB
BBG43
the problem with gmb is nothing is on schecdule, the show starts at 6 and recently we have not been seeing the news untill almost 20 past and then the 7&8 toth can sometimes be closer to 5 past sometimes 10 and then they need to rush to end the show at 8:30 for a lorraine preview that everyone has seen at around 8:10 and when lorraine closes her show the day before, why cant the just do all the news then the local news at 10 past the hour and talk like what they usually do at the start of the show between 8:15 till 8:35 then go straight to lorraine like what they used to do when gmtv today was on, take away that adbreak, personally i think the show has been going downhill the past year or so they seem to want headline grabbing guests on the show, i prefered the 2014-2017 era of gmb.
JO
Jon
UB
UBox
BBoy posted:
the problem with gmb is nothing is on schecdule, the show starts at 6 and recently we have not been seeing the news untill almost 20 past and then the 7&8 toth can sometimes be closer to 5 past sometimes 10 and then they need to rush to end the show at 8:30 for a lorraine preview that everyone has seen at around 8:10 and when lorraine closes her show the day before, why cant the just do all the news then the local news at 10 past the hour and talk like what they usually do at the start of the show between 8:15 till 8:35 then go straight to lorraine like what they used to do when gmtv today was on, take away that adbreak, personally i think the show has been going downhill the past year or so they seem to want headline grabbing guests on the show, i prefered the 2014-2017 era of gmb.

You ever heard of the fullstop?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
BBoy posted:
*some big block of impenetrable text that nobody can read due to lack of understanding on how to use full stops, paragraphs or capital letters, presumably something to do with GMB*

FA
fanoftv

Do you need more than 3 or 4 stories though. They're often scraping the barrel by the third anyway.

My favourite part is when they say “there are currently no problems on the roads to report” on news for a region, yet once I’m in my car the local radio talks about at least 4-5 problems; is it a lack of time to cover or a case of not wanting to tell people in one city about travel issues in another?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

My favourite part is when they say “there are currently no problems on the roads to report” on news for a region, yet once I’m in my car the local radio talks about at least 4-5 problems; is it a lack of time to cover or a case of not wanting to tell people in one city about travel issues in another?

In fairness local radio tends to rely more on people phoning in to report issues as they only know about the motorway issues through the cameras of the Highways Agency - anything else is either a major accident or incident or knock-on that's been picked up elsewhere or has been phoned in. And the radio can cut in at any time to say we've just been informed of a three car pile up on the A4123, road is blocked. traffic queuing back to Burnt Tree, please avoid the area. Whereas TV can't do that.

Newer posts