TV Home Forum

Red Nose Day

15th March 2019 (March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CY
cylon6
I think deejay was talking about the seats being disused, not the studios. ISTR that CBBC used Elstree D quite a lot in the early 00s to shoot shows like Bamzooki.

Ah right! So the space was being used. Reading it back this was when That Puppet Gameshow was made there. It was like a homecoming for The Muppets being in that studio as it was famously theirs at ATV.
JK
JKDerry
The audience seating platform originally installed was never used by the BBC, and they opted to use a portable audience platform instead. I think this is what they were talking about.
JK
JKDerry
I think deejay was talking about the seats being disused, not the studios. ISTR that CBBC used Elstree D quite a lot in the early 00s to shoot shows like Bamzooki.

Ah right! So the space was being used. Reading it back this was when That Puppet Gameshow was made there. It was like a homecoming for The Muppets being in that studio as it was famously theirs at ATV.

You Rang M'Lord, first series of Going for Gold, Allo allo from Series 5 onward, first series of Big Break. Ghostwatch (Halloween 1992) and then from 1994 to 2001 Eastenders used it when they started to produce three episodes a week.
CY
cylon6

You Rang M'Lord, first series of Going for Gold, Allo allo from Series 5 onward, first series of Big Break. Ghostwatch (Halloween 1992) and then from 1994 to 2001 Eastenders used it when they started to produce three episodes a week.

All these years later, I never knew Ghostwatch was filmed there. You can see why it was popular for entertainment. The fixed audience seating tops out at 320. Always think for studios of that size that the audience should be larger without the aid of adding floor seating by the stage.
JK
JKDerry

All these years later, I never knew Ghostwatch was filmed there. You can see why it was popular for entertainment. The fixed audience seating tops out at 320. Always think for studios of that size that the audience should be larger without the aid of adding floor seating by the stage.

Yes, many people thought Ghostwatch was made at Television Centre, but the production team needed a full week to record the studio scenes of the "live" show, and so used Elstree as their studio, gave them more space and freedom, without other productions having a peak into the studio to see what was going on.
JA
james-2001
Apart from EastEnders and Top Of The Pops!
JK
JKDerry

Sorry?
JA
james-2001

Sorry?

The other productions housed at Elstree in 1992.
JK
JKDerry

Sorry?

The other productions housed at Elstree in 1992.

Oh right, sorry. Yes, Elstree was a busy place. It does seem it was used for productions who did not care for Television Centre.
RD
RDJ
They seem to be over-running somehow, even though they've shown no new content for at least the past 30 minutes if not longer.
JK
JKDerry
They must want to try and get a higher total for the night
JK
JKDerry
The longer they stay on air, the more chance people will stay with them, watch and donate. I have a feeling the producers want to get this total higher than £60.6 million.

Newer posts