« Topics
JKDerry1,526 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
I always feel more excited for Red Nose Day than Children In Need. Does anyone else feel the same?

I think Comic Relief put more effort into the comedy than Children in Need does.

Well yeah, that is the idea.

Yes, but the effort Children in Need try is always lack lustre and just boring. Also, it feels Comic Relief has a better pulling power of stars.
DeMarkay gave kudos
Josh886 posts since 21 Dec 2014
Sainsbury's Group have raised £11,010,398. Well done Sainsbury's Group.
Last edited by Josh on 15 March 2019 9:49pm - 2 times in total
My tweet was read out on BBC Four's Eurovision coverage and Rylan Clark-Neal replied to it. That's all.
Tumble Tower gave kudos
Brekkie31,233 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Not been anywhere near enough silliness tonight. All a bit too high brow really, and certainly lacking content which would appeal to a younger audience. Heck, at 36 I include myself in that tonight - feels like it's aimed at the over 50s.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
DeMarkay318 posts since 29 Oct 2015
London London
Not been anywhere near enough silliness tonight. All a bit too high brow really, and certainly lacking content which would appeal to a younger audience. Heck, at 36 I include myself in that tonight - feels like it's aimed at the over 50s.

Famalam - BBC Three ‘Urban’ Comedy
Alan Partridge
Magic Mike Live (doesn’t appeal to me)
People Just Do Nothing

The above appeal to me and other young people.
brioalex (previously aeroalex123) 14 posts since 22 Apr 2014
Central (East) East Midlands Today
One thing I can’t stand from a graphic design point of view though is the inconsistencies of the onscreen graphics typography. Some of the headline text is in uppercase and some is in lowercase, some of it has a horrible drop shadow and the although I like the headline font, the body copy font isn’t very ‘red nose day’ at all!

It’s pretty standard BBC though as their typography use is always all over the place 🙄