UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
It is so irritating
JK
JKDerry
I never ever watch UTV anymore now. Since you can access ITV London on Sky, Freesat and Virgin Media, it means I do not have to.

When I watch ITV now, I watch ITV London version. I don't really watch UTV News, more BBC Newsline.
MR
mr_vivian
I never ever watch UTV anymore now. Since you can access ITV London on Sky, Freesat and Virgin Media, it means I do not have to.

When I watch ITV now, I watch ITV London version. I don't really watch UTV News, more BBC Newsline.

I only watch UTV for HD. You can't get ITV HD on virgin in NI
JK
JKDerry

I only watch UTV for HD. You can't get ITV HD on virgin in NI

HD is not a big thing for me, so I watch SD ITV London
ST
South Today
Did anyone notice if there was anything special on UTV yesterday for St Patrick's Day?
MR
mr_vivian
Did anyone notice if there was anything special on UTV yesterday for St Patrick's Day?

Nothing special I'm afraid. Julian referred to the news as "Your St Patrick's Day news" but that was it.

Must say I do miss the old slemish ident getting pulled out for Paddy's day.

We just get the same couple over idents over and over again. You don't even have to guess which one they'll play before a programme anymore.

Oh and there was a St Patrick's Programme going through the parades but it was on at 11.10pm.
JK
JKDerry

Nothing special I'm afraid. Julian referred to the news as "Your St Patrick's Day news" but that was it.

Must say I do miss the old slemish ident getting pulled out for Paddy's day.

We just get the same couple over idents over and over again. You don't even have to guess which one they'll play before a programme anymore.

Oh and there was a St Patrick's Programme going through the parades but it was on at 11.10pm.

BBC NI do more for St Patrick's Day
TI
This Is Granada
UTV just played out the bowling alley ident at 8pm tonight, breaking the vicious cycle of the same 8 idents on loop we've had to endure since the 1st of Janurary.
TI
This Is Granada
But dont worry folks.....groundhog day is not quite over as pigeons being released ident shown 3 times within 90 minutes (7:30pm, 8:30pm & 9pm).

Normal UTV stuck in a rut service is now resumed....I can now pick myself up off the floor from the shock of the 8pm junction. Rolling Eyes
JK
JKDerry
But dont worry folks.....groundhog day is not quite over as pigeons being released ident shown 3 times within 90 minutes (7:30pm, 8:30pm & 9pm).

Normal UTV stuck in a rut service is now resumed....I can now pick myself up off the floor from the shock of the 8pm junction. Rolling Eyes

If people are truly tired of these rotating idents, may I suggest instead of venting your frustration here, you direct it to UTV directly.
KE
kernow

If people are truly tired of these rotating idents, may I suggest instead of venting your frustration here, you direct it to UTV directly.

Given that playout is done from Leeds, it might be the case that UTV don't have much control over which idents get used, so it could be more that ITV that is to blame.

In terms of who creates the UTV idents (i.e. converts the existing ITV idents into UTV ones), would this be done in-house by the graphics hub at Central in Birmingham?
ST
South Today

Given that playout is done from Leeds, it might be the case that UTV don't have much control over which idents get used, so it could be more that ITV that is to blame.

In terms of who creates the UTV idents (i.e. converts the existing ITV idents into UTV ones), would this be done in-house by the graphics hub at Central in Birmingham?

Try emailing Terry Brennan, Head of UTV.

Newer posts