The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Oops

BR
Brekkie
What did C4 News get?
CU
Custard56
It would have made more sense to have the BBC News special on BBC One tonight, in keeping with last night and with no EastEnders episode to worry about. Especially given last night's News special got 4m on BBC One. I will never understand the "logic" of BBC scheduling.

Instead it's going out on BBC Two with The One Show remaining on BBC One.
japitts and watchingtv gave kudos
MB
Media Boy
What did C4 News get?

756,000 av - a 4.7 percent share
AN
Andrew Founding member
It would have made more sense to have the BBC News special on BBC One tonight, in keeping with last night and with no EastEnders episode to worry about. I will never understand the "logic" of BBC scheduling.

Instead it's going out on BBC Two with The One Show as untouched on BBC One.

Last night they ended up disrupting in total 4 hours of programming with programmes moved channels, moved times, moved weeks and two separate unbilled programmes having to be slotted in.

Tonight they’ve decided The One Show takes priority again. I agree the logic is a bit odd, either do one thing or another.
:-(
A former member
Nothing happened this evening, and the BBC know it. Scotland has moved River city to today at 8pm and this moved Comic relief show to 10.45 pushing BBC 3 to 11.45
WO
Worzel
Brillo pad continuing on News channel and World News. Is this the first time he's presented a News channel only slot?
Last edited by Worzel on 13 March 2019 8:14pm
:-(
A former member
Who is Brillo pad?
WO
Worzel
Who is Brillo pad?

Clearly don't read Private Eye. It's the nickname they give Andrew Neil. His hair allegedly looks like a Brillo Pad.
VM
VMPhil
Who is Brillo pad?

Affectionate nickname for Andrew Neil, as seen in this randomly chosen photograph:

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/andrew-neil.jpg
Charlie Wells and Critique gave kudos
BM
BM11
As good as confirmed that Brexit day wont be the 29th March (the EU very unlikely to block a short technical extension if a deal has passed but a couple of weeks needed for legislation.)
So the news specials planned for that day are going to be have to be scrapped.
BR
Brekkie
BM11 posted:
As good as confirmed that Brexit day wont be the 29th March (the EU very unlikely to block a short technical extension if a deal has passed but a couple of weeks needed for legislation.)
So the news specials planned for that day are going to be have to be scrapped.

God, for all your pessimism elsewhere you seem to be very optimistic to think an extension is just for a deal to get through Parliament at the 4th time of asking.

The only way I can see Europe agreeing to an extension is if it involves throwing the question back to the public as either a referendum or election, or more likely both. I can't see any progress being made under the current government.

Back to TV matters and don't know if it's been reflected in the ratings but now seems a very wise move in hindsight to move Peston midweek considering all the key Tuesday night votes in recent months.

Newer posts