TV Home Forum

This Time with Alan Partridge

Monday at 9:30pm on BBC One (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
As if they already knew what people would be saying about the show.
DA
davidhorman
I know we can't expect them to get the whole thing in one take but some of the edits are very obvious and jarring when the pretence is meant to be that of a live show.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I know we can't expect them to get the whole thing in one take but some of the edits are very obvious and jarring when the pretence is meant to be that of a live show.

I think a music bed would help this.
IS
Inspector Sands
As if they already knew what people would be saying about the show.

Though of course they're parodying that opinion

Episode 3 was the best yet, feels lots like old Partridge - bits of Knowing Me, Day Today and other previous productions in there. The filmed reports are a highlight, the Alan goes vegetarian one especially, so much quotable stuff in there too

Anyone else spot the deliberate editing mistake in the schools package?
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 12 March 2019 9:24am - 2 times in total
Josh, Blake Connolly and Whataday gave kudos
MA
Markymark

Episode 3 was the best yet, feels lots like old Partridge -

<alan's voice>

Classic Partridge !

</alan's voice>
Quatorzine Neko and Josh gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
1.7m last night, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s down to 1.3m or less by episode 6.

I really wanted to enjoy the series, but the reports last night were utterly painful. Some of the dialogue is funny, and there’s definitely potential, it just doesn’t really work. Maybe if it went beyond the show and it’s content (production meetings, Partridge making a tit of himself in BH, etc) it would be funnier.
CU
Cusack
Given up on it after episode 2, which was awful
ST
South Today
I found Alan now debuting in the 'This Time' opening titles superb! That had me in stitches alone. That is certainly something I would like to see on the regional opening titles. Smile
HC
Hatton Cross
Episode 3 was the best one yet.
Can't help thinking the quad screen at the start of the episode is how they should have shown the 'off air' material from the start.
It reduces the (false) appearance that 'they' have cut back to the studio far too early.

Anyway, I'm off to find a can of meat free lilt..
AN
Andrew Founding member
1.7m last night, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s down to 1.3m or less by episode 6.

I really wanted to enjoy the series, but the reports last night were utterly painful. Some of the dialogue is funny, and there’s definitely potential, it just doesn’t really work. Maybe if it went beyond the show and it’s content (production meetings, Partridge making a tit of himself in BH, etc) it would be funnier.

If the ratings carry on like this, then life will be imitating art and he won’t be getting a second series.

I’m expecting BBC bosses will have expected more than 1.7m on a Monday night
JK
JKDerry
This should have been aired on BBC Two, it is not a BBC One comedy. Simple as that.
JO
Josh
I for one like it and am finding it very funny. It is really awkward, which is what it is meant to be.

Anyways, it's better than another "comedy" that's on just before... *cough* Warren *cough*

Newer posts