TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
Piers is GMB . Getting rid of him would be absolute madness, they might as well cancel the whole thing.

Is he really? He’s only there for 3 days a week and takes extended holidays/breaks from the show. By allowing him so much time off, the bosses can’t be that concerned about how the program fares in his absence.

Ratings are not significantly worse when Piers is absent, maybe 100k lower at best.
JE
Jeffmister
Is GMB generally as bad as they were this morning getting to the news at the beginning of the show? It took them until 6:17am before discussing the overnight developments with Brexit...
RO
rob Founding member
Is GMB generally as bad as they were this morning getting to the news at the beginning of the show? It took them until 6:17am before discussing the overnight developments with Brexit...

Short answer... yes.
NA
natoswald

It was 6:28 one day last week, so today wasn't too bad.
WH
Whataday Founding member
They're running so late today and at 8:26 they had a full interview to go. So Piers halted proceedings to mention a tweet.
NA
natoswald

Last years show rated 717k, so around 858k yesterday it seems
JK
JKDerry

Piers never mentions the viewing figures, just the percentage. His "journalistic" skills, if I can call them that, are there to be seen. Still never mentions GMB not breaking through the 1 million mark, as BBC Breakfast does every single day no matter what.
Brekkie, Sh1ruba and Custard56 gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba

Piers never mentions the viewing figures, just the percentage. His "journalistic" skills, if I can call them that, are there to be seen. Still never mentions GMB not breaking through the 1 million mark, as BBC Breakfast does every single day no matter what.

Breakfast has always been my choice so this nonsense from Piers doesn't surprise me...

It's become the bloody Piers Morgan Show since he stepped in...
CU
Custard56

Breakfast has always been my choice so this nonsense from Piers doesn't surprise me...

It's become the bloody Piers Morgan Show since he stepped in...

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1105436795007893505
VM
VMPhil
Dan Walker manages to annoy me more than Piers Morgan when he does that.
RE
Reece24

That's quite early compared to some days (usually Mondays).
What I think would be better for the show is if they did the news/ regional news at the top of the hour (straight after intro), then after the regional news, let Piers do his thing for 10 minutes and merge it into the 'paper review'.

Some days you would have the news at 6:28, then again at 7:02 and the first weather forecast at 6:40 and again at 6:59. GMB need to regain some sort of orderly format in my view.

This might not work because of the ITV Breakfast contract, but I think it might be worth dropping Lorraine on weekdays (have Lorraine on weekends, or Fri-Sun), and extend GMB - it would allow time for the show to breathe, including a proper sport and entertainment slots, a decent length celebrity interview(s). These issues aren't only a problem when Piers is on, it's everyday.
SL
Shaun Linden
The Piers effect means that Thursday and Friday also have a free flow element to them, but are generally reigned in. For example, the waffle usually stops around 6.10am, however interviews do go over the top of the hours now, but it all seems to work generally well.

Newer posts