The Gallery

BBC News: Reith Style

Refreshing the news (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
I like it and gave it 5 stars, but could the BBC blocks and the NEWS logo be separate? But the BBC blocks in the corner were the logo normally is and just have the headline strap with NEWS and ticker underneath it.

Or

Alternate the BBC Blocks with NEWS directly under the ticker. Kind of like how the show logo animates with the NBC logo during their news programs.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 12 March 2019 3:32am

27 days later

BL
Blewbatt
I really like this a lot. I gave it 5/5. I'd suggest, however, you experiment with different colours. BBC News has been red for almost 20 years, it might be cool to try another colour. If it were me, I'd make it purple. But that's a subjective choice on my part. I really like it.

9 days later

BA
Bail Moderator
Purple you say....

Click for fullres.

Feels very Newsnight to me Smile
Last edited by Bail on 16 April 2019 10:45pm - 4 times in total
CH
chris
Looks great in purple. Hard to tell if it looks very Newsnight because we’re so used to it.
PF
PFML84
It looks nice in purple but I can already imagine the public outrage about it for looking very un-BBC. I think we're gonna be stuck with red in the new look unfortunately.
SH
Sh1ruba
It looks nice in purple but I can already imagine the public outrage about it for looking very un-BBC. I think we're gonna be stuck with red in the new look unfortunately.

They used blue before so why not that colour?
Makes it look a bit more serious than red.

140 days later

JF
JF World News
Wonder why BBC Parliament hasn't been reithed yet?
BA
Ballyboy
it's the same with the rest of BBC Newsline along with the weather we'll just not know
PP
Po6xyPop77
Although it definitely needs more work done on it, this is excellent. Great job. ✅
PP
Po6xyPop77
Sorry for the double post (it's been four days anyway.) but can you try it in blue?

Newer posts