The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
The BBC are coming to Bradford next week, with a pop up newsroom in The Broadway

I prepare to be surprised, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was just a load of positive vox pops rather than tackling the real issues and just a tick box exercise to show that the BBC aren’t London biased after all.
MI
michaelb
Not really that much to do with Yorkshire but Luxmy did Saturday's BBC London News bulletin
LL
London Lite Founding member
Not really that much to do with Yorkshire but Luxmy did Saturday's BBC London News bulletin

There seems to be a theme with Leeds reporters covering Saturday shifts at BBC London. Ali Fortescue used to cover the reporting shift there while working at Look North and continues to occasionally cover there while freelance.
HA
harshy Founding member
The BBC are coming to Bradford next week, with a pop up newsroom in The Broadway

I prepare to be surprised, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was just a load of positive vox pops rather than tackling the real issues and just a tick box exercise to show that the BBC aren’t London biased after all.

That’s all it will be, the problem really Bradford is too close to Leeds and all the big jobs are there, so Bradford will always play second fiddle, personally I’m just glad they filled that dreadful hole after years of having it.
AN
Andrew Founding member
There was literally no news at all on Look North tonight, no round up back in the studio, no round up of the weekend’s sport, nothing.

We did get the weather though.
HA
harshy Founding member
They even opened the bulletin with an opening shot featuring the bbc Look North logo on the screen In Gil Sans!
TR
TROGGLES
Just caught the most extraordinary report on Levy's Late Look North. Reporter Philip Norton reporting on his own dads' death at the hands (allegedly) of a local hospital trust. How can this be impartial and how the hell did it get through the producer guidelines?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Was it me or did the Leeds 1830 bulletin feel like an extended CiN opt? However one good thing about the bulletin was the OB cameras are an improvement on the studio cameras.
CU
Cusack
There was literally no news at all on Look North tonight, no round up back in the studio, no round up of the weekend’s sport, nothing.

We did get the weather though.

'We've come to Bradford to focus on Good News, however it's Monday and the first day here, so we haven't got any yet, so we are just going to waffle on and on'.

As someone who has lived in Bradford for years, that was terrible!
MI
michaelb
Was anyone in Bradford yesterday? All the programmes came from the studio
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Amy was on an OB in Bradford
RA
radiolistener
Just caught the most extraordinary report on Levy's Late Look North. Reporter Philip Norton reporting on his own dads' death at the hands (allegedly) of a local hospital trust. How can this be impartial and how the hell did it get through the producer guidelines?

Good grief. That's serious and shows a total lack of editorial savviness to say the least.

Newer posts