TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OR
orange
E! has been renamed SHE! for International Women’s Day and they are still using it today.

Really not sure where to put this and it doesn’t deserve it’s own thread but seeing as now it’s one of Sky’s babies/siblings I’ll put it in here.
WO
Worzel
_Tom_ posted:
E! has been renamed SHE! for International Women’s Day and they are still using it today.

Really not sure where to put this and it doesn’t deserve it’s own thread but seeing as now it’s one of Sky’s babies/siblings I’ll put it in here.

I trust it'll be called HE! on 19 November for International Men's Day? No...? Thought not.
Josh, Stuart and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
DB
dbl
Well given it's a female skewing channel....
OR
orange
The logo looked good, anyway.
OR
orange
I seem to be watching a 4:3 episode of the Simpsons on Sky 1, made me quite sad that for the most part they’re gone because the look is really part of the charm. Was it a mistake that it was aired or have they come to their senses?

Update: theres another 4:3 one being played right now... fluke?
Last edited by orange on 10 March 2019 10:06am
LL
Larry the Loafer
AFAIK certain episodes/seasons either haven't been remastered or haven't been distributed to other broadcasters. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
OR
orange
Knew it was too good to be true Sad
JA
james-2001
The last couple of times they've ran season 11 it's still been 4:3... for now. Seems to be the only one they still show that way. A shame it's the first season where the drop in quality really became apparent. Yet somehow it's still running 20 years later.

Channel 4 showing the proper 4:3 versions of season 8 as I'm typing this though. Sky have shown the pseudo-HD versions of them.
LL
Larry the Loafer
There was a recent Core 4 survey asking if Simpsons fans are put off by the picture quality of the old episodes, so I'm presuming they've been considering swapping them out for the remasters. Hopefully the survey results dissuade them.
JO
Jonny
There was a recent Core 4 survey asking if Simpsons fans are put off by the picture quality of the old episodes, so I'm presuming they've been considering swapping them out for the remasters. Hopefully the survey results dissuade them.

If the answer to that is "yes", they aren't Simpsons fans.
JA
JAS84
But if people don't know that the remasters cut the top and bottom off, they're not going to know they need to answer "no".
JO
Jonny
JAS84 posted:
But if people don't know that the remasters cut the top and bottom off, they're not going to know they need to answer "no".

Well that's just it, it's a useless question because the remastering "solution" to the "problem" has been so badly executed.

Anyway, I now have a Season 1-8 DVD mountain as a result of this nonsense and I suppose anyone bothered enough can do the same for relatively little outlay.

Newer posts