TV Home Forum

Sunday Morning News on BBC1

Is Breakfast with Frost necessary anymore? (September 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Personally, if I was choosing a sunday morning news/discussion show for BBC1 I'd say keep BwF - the N24 content would be available to N24 viewers and BwF for BBC1 - or, even better, simulcast BwF on N24 rather than N24 in place of BwF
BB
BBCTV2003
Just for your information, BBCi TV Listings say that Andrew Marr will be presenting Breakfast With Frost this Sunday.

Do you think he will be good, bad or do you think he is suited to the programme.
NE
Neil__
BBCTV2003 posted:
Just for your information, BBCi TV Listings say that Andrew Marr will be presenting Breakfast With Frost this Sunday.
Do you think he will be good, bad or do you think he is suited to the programme.

If I say he will be 'good' (vague term or what?), does that mean I don't think he'll be suited to the programme?

9 days later

MI
Mikeroberts
Im very disapointed and surprised that people have let the new titles go without mention. Tsk tsk.

It should run
6:00 Breakfast
8:00 Breakfast with Frost- but when Sissons presents they really need to change the name to with Sissons
9:00 The Polotics Show
10:00 as now.

When Sir David goes, i think they should get a younger presenter in, and base the whole show on hard core interviews, they need a good interviewer, like jane hill or george alagiah, even Mr Sebastian or Ms Montague. There shoul;d only be a news update at the end, not at the beginning, and the weather should move to after the news.
PE
Pete Founding member
How dare you suggest such a thing Mike - I need my two helpings of BIG MOIRA on a Sunday morning.

I didn't see the opening titles but I quite like the new aston. Not keen on the new split screen though - and BIG MOIRA backdrop looks daft. Why don't they just make a proper backdrop for her instead of using the terrible CSO which makes her hair look plastic?

While we are on the subject of presenters - I liked Marr last week but Peter and Michael are definately the ones to replace David.
HA
harshy Founding member
Re-it-er-ate posted:
I think Breakfast with Frost is MAGNIFICENT - just the type of programme you need on a Sunday morning as the working week lies ahead. It must not be axed, its one of the few remaining old style politcal programmes at the BBC.

If anything needs to be axed - get rid of Breakfast from the studios of BBC News 24, and the crap presenters like Botfield that it brings with it.

I absolutely agree, I absolutely hate it when Breakfast comes from the studios of News 24, the weekday programme is excellent, but the News 24 version is just awful.

Breakfast with Frost is a very good show indeed which definitely dosen't the axe!
TW
Turnbull and Williams
harshy posted:
Re-it-er-ate posted:
I think Breakfast with Frost is MAGNIFICENT - just the type of programme you need on a Sunday morning as the working week lies ahead. It must not be axed, its one of the few remaining old style politcal programmes at the BBC.

If anything needs to be axed - get rid of Breakfast from the studios of BBC News 24, and the crap presenters like Botfield that it brings with it.

I absolutely agree, I absolutely hate it when Breakfast comes from the studios of News 24, the weekday programme is excellent, but the News 24 version is just awful.

Breakfast with Frost is a very good show indeed which definitely dosen't the axe!

I agree with that to a point. I imagine that one of the reasons why we have Breakfast from News 24 at weekends is to keep Bill & Sian happy. If it wasn't on at weekends then they'd only get to do one day a week, and it would be wrong if these talented presenters were only able to do this. In fact, they'd probably end up leaving the BBC due to their talents being wasted, especially as the awful Dermot & Natasha would be doing the programme on the other four days.

There are two real problems with it:
1. It comes from the News24 set.
2. When Bill or SIan are away/covering on the 6, the presenters they put on instead tend to be pretty rubbish.
:-(
A former member
Did anyone see the lunchtime bulletin on BBC today. It looked as though it was NOT coming from the main studio. Lighting was different. Have a look at the bulletinat bbcnews.com and see what I mean.
HC
Hatton Cross
At least the opening titles have change on Frosties programme. I was getting slightly irritated seeing a camera with the old style BBC logo on it week after week...

(note - ironic)

Newer posts