TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001

Always worth checking out Richard Herring on Twitter on International Women’s Day who has made it his mission for the last few years to respond to every indignant tweet about the supposed lack of an International Men’s Day.

Herring huh? Another name for me to block. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, damn him for correcting people’s ignorant assertions with facts... not to mention raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for a women’s refuge charity in the process. Who does he think he is?!

One of those PC SJW do-gooders, or something like that.
CI
cityprod
Herring huh? Another name for me to block. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, damn him for correcting people’s ignorant assertions with facts... not to mention raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for a women’s refuge charity in the process. Who does he think he is?!

Oh for goodness sake, every time somebody tries to use SJW as a put-down, I have to question their mental acumen, or their sanity. What's so goddamn bad about Justice, in any form, criminal justice, civil justice, social justice, etc??? Justice is a good thing. If somebody is a warrior for social justice, that's not a bad thing, that's not a put-down. If you're trying to demean someone by calling them a social justice warrior, you are failing miserably.

And by the way, International Men's Day is November 19th.
:-(
A former member

Oh for goodness sake, every time somebody tries to use SJW as a put-down, I have to question their mental acumen, or their sanity. What's so goddamn bad about Justice, in any form, criminal justice, civil justice, social justice, etc??? Justice is a good thing. If somebody is a warrior for social justice, that's not a bad thing, that's not a put-down. If you're trying to demean someone by calling them a social justice warrior, you are failing miserably.

And by the way, International Men's Day is November 19th.

Whoosh.
JC
JCB
Love the irony of many organisations celebrating International Womens Day by giving men the day off. .

Considering how 'International Womens Day' seems to drive so many men into a rage a day off is needed to get those blood pressures down!
A former member
A second 'Wedding Guests' ident aired last night - though Scotland got the first one!
Last edited by A former member on 9 March 2019 10:23am
A former member
When the next comic relief programme?
A former member
ENTERTAINMENT: Kilimanjaro: The Bigger Red Nose Climb
On: BBC 1 East Midlands (101)
Date: Wednesday 13th March 2019 (starting in 4 days)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

Shirley Ballas, Ed Balls, Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Dan Walker, Anita Rani, Dani Dyer, Alexander Armstrong and Osi Umenyiora take on Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief.
(Subtitles, Widescreen, New Series)

Starring: Shirley Ballas, Ed Balls, Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Dan Walker, Anita Rani

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=342536

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
A former member
Lets hope there is only two and hopefully not three. You would think the idents would get good airing next wed/thur/ Friday
JA
james-2001
Whoosh.

You can try and be as sarcastic as you can and people still won't get it.
MR
mr_vivian
I want a Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders Oneness spoof ident.
RK
Rkolsen
No idea where to put this as it’s very minor. I was watching on MPT a BBC import “Jeff Lynne’s ELO: Live in Hyde Park” which was a part of “BBC Radio 2’s Festival in a Day” back in 2014. The concert appeared as it was a straight import but at the very end of the credits I noticed something: the three BBC blocks animated as the credits finished - they all rotated left in sequence showing what would be the solid block face to the letters. Now I thought the BBC logo wasn’t supposed to animate. I’ve never seen them animate before.
WH
Whataday Founding member
No idea where to put this as it’s very minor. I was watching on MPT a BBC import “Jeff Lynne’s ELO: Live in Hyde Park” which was a part of “BBC Radio 2’s Festival in a Day” back in 2014. The concert appeared as it was a straight import but at the very end of the credits I noticed something: the three BBC blocks animated as the credits finished - they all rotated left in sequence showing what would be the solid block face to the letters. Now I thought the BBC logo wasn’t supposed to animate. I’ve never seen them animate before.

That sounds like the standard BBC Productions logo which was widely used at that time.

Newer posts