TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
It flopped because it was at the wrong time, but also because they changed the format to suit the new time and they overstated the fact that the panel was mixed. It didn't feel like Loose Women.

As for looking to America, the UK is more progressive (on the whole) when it comes to gender. Those US shows do so well because there's still such a huge market in the states for soccer moms for instance, which isn't the case in the UK.

12 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
It flopped because it was at the wrong time, but also because they changed the format to suit the new time and they overstated the fact that the panel was mixed. It didn't feel like Loose Women.

As for looking to America, the UK is more progressive (on the whole) when it comes to gender. Those US shows do so well because there's still such a huge market in the states for soccer moms for instance, which isn't the case in the UK.

They're going to do a late night one-off show in May. It will be a live onstage performance at the Birmingham NEC right after This Morning Live from the same venue.

Coleen, Nadia, Saira and Andrea will be appearing at the LIVE event.

I believe the support act is going to be Petula Clark.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm amazed there's never been a Loose Women tour.
YO
yogibarney

Isn’t the Grumpy Old Women Live tour just a more comedic version of Loose Women?
MR
mr_vivian

It sounds so sleazy. But I knew it was coming when this morning live became a thing.
RE
Reece24
The credits didn't play on today's show - just a panning shot of the studio. Looks like it was because they were running over.
MR
mr_vivian

I think they did one last year in a campaign to get an NTA. It didn't work.
WH
Whataday Founding member

I think they did one last year in a campaign to get an NTA. It didn't work.

I meant an arena or theatre tour.
JC
JamieCB
The credits didn't play on today's show - just a panning shot of the studio. Looks like it was because they were running over.

It's the second time this week they've run over. Monday, they had to smash cut to the credits just as Andrea finished talking about tickets for 'Loose Women Late' right at the end of the show. There's no clip yet, but you hear the audience applause begin smack bang as the closing credits appear on screen.
JA
jackhendo
Well, that's live telly for you! Smile
JO
Jonwo
I’m not sure why the papers picked on what was nothing more than a fiery debate between Jane and Kaye.
SL
Shaun Linden
I think because it's still quite rare for the panellists to get fiery at each other and for the lead (Andrea) to have to raise her voice. I know it's happened on occasion, but its rare. Nice to see a proper debate and feel the passion compared to some of the usual tittle tattle they discuss.
JamesWorldNews and Jonwo gave kudos

Newer posts