TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Week 10 : Charley Peters

I quite like this one, looks like a test card in a box.

DW
DavidWhitfield
The 'art' itself is perfectly fine, however, like the other 'idents' before it, it is again entirely based on the blue, black, green, pink, and yellow version of the logo which has now been updated. I continue to be aghast at how inconsistent ITV have been since the turn of the year. Disappointing, as far as I'm concerned.
OR
orange
It would surely look it’s best close up and panning to feel like a screen so why is the default a camera panning around a dark room? It’s so stale. It’s really annoying actually how they’ve got some artist pieces that they could squeeze potential out of and they seemingly do the bare minimum with them. I know there’s only been one ident but looking back at the other weeks it’s clear to see there won’t be anything special. Disappointing.
Last edited by orange on 4 March 2019 2:00am
RA
Ros_Atkins32
Is it just me or does the tone of the announcer look so different in the 1st showing of the ident?

The voice seems like something I have never heard before in an ITV ident.

FA
fanoftv
Its Andrew Hayden-Smith. He most notably works on ITV2 but has had shifts on ITV recently.
BR
Brekkie
Wonder if they'll exhibit all these at some point.
JA
JAS84
Its Andrew Hayden-Smith. He most notably works on ITV2 but has had shifts on ITV recently.

He's probably the most famous continuity announcer, as he was an actor before he became a CA.
WH
Whataday Founding member
And of course he was an in-vision announcer for CBBC.
AA
Aaron_2015
Wonder if they'll exhibit all these at some point.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the nicer pieces end up at ITV corporate events or something similar.

Not massively keen on this week’s, and the old logo is still in use. The level of inconsistency (including online) is a little disappointing.
DM
DeMarkay
Yes, the old logo is still in use. It doesn't matter which version of the logo they use, the 2013 logo is the most memorable.
SH
Sh1ruba
JAS84 posted:

He's probably the most famous continuity announcer, as he was an actor before he became a CA.

His tone of voice on ITV sounds a lot different from how he does it on ITV2

Nice contrast though.
Also didn't ITV say that despite the logo being revamped on their channel, the 2013 version will still be their corporate logo
AA
Aaron_2015
Yes, the old logo is still in use. It doesn't matter which version of the logo they use , the 2013 logo is the most memorable.

Of course it matters which version of the logo they use, it’s fundamental to any brand refresh that the new look is unified. The new logo appears on social media, promos, the ITV Hub and on the new magazine. From what we can gather, the main logo for ITV is now the blue/black/grey ‘3D effect’ logo. This, therefore, should be used across the ITV channel and it’s surrounding branding. Using the 2013 logo undermines the refresh and confuses the brand.
Ittr and DavidWhitfield gave kudos

Newer posts