TV Home Forum

CBeebies: refresh

(March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RU
russty_russ
The other thing is that they can't really do big changes as it may alienate the audience. One such example was when they moved In The Night Garden to an early Bedtime hour slot and there was such an outcry as the kids/parents knew what time it was and they didn't want little Johnny's routine being messed about that it went back to its current time. Pretty sure that programme hasn't been taken off the bedtime hour since it first aired back in 2007.
Jeffmister, Gary Baldy and TVVT gave kudos
JA
james-2001
Don't forget the version of Waybulloo with Dave Lamb's sarcastic narration added, which lasted all of 2 days.
Gary Baldy, theTOTHlad2002 and TVVT gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The other thing is that they can't really do big changes as it may alienate the audience. One such example was when they moved In The Night Garden to an early Bedtime hour slot and there was such an outcry as the kids/parents knew what time it was and they didn't want little Johnny's routine being messed about that it went back to its current time. Pretty sure that programme hasn't been taken off the bedtime hour since it first aired back in 2007.

Don't worry, little Johnny will be along in 10 years or so asking if anybody else saw In The Night Garden when they were young, he'll claim to have watched it religiously as a kid yet be unable to remember a damn thing about it aside from being incredibly surreal and strange. Wink
BA
bilky asko
JAS84 posted:
17 years... I can't think of any network at all that hasn't changed it's logo in that time.

The basic channel 4 logo has been there obviously for coming up to 37 years but has been tinkered with over 17 years. It shows how strong the CBeebies brand is.

And E4 made it to 17 years before they changed it last year.
BR
Brekkie
E4 had multiple noticeable refreshes in that time though. CBeebies doesn't look to different now than it did at launch, so a shame if this (excellent) rebrand doesn't see UK shores.
JA
JAS84
JAS84 posted:
17 years... I can't think of any network at all that hasn't changed it's logo in that time.

The basic channel 4 logo has been there obviously for coming up to 37 years but has been tinkered with over 17 years. It shows how strong the CBeebies brand is.

And E4 made it to 17 years before they changed it last year.
Yeah, Channel 4's logo has only had minor changes, but it's still been changed. I actually thought E4 was just short of 17 years. It launched a year earlier than I thought. And as you rightly point out, it's not like they kept the same idents all that time.
IS
Inspector Sands
CBeebies doesn't look to different now than it did at launch,

You say that but you'd be surprised. There's some 2002 Cbeebies junctions on YouTube. The basic elements of the design are there but how they're used is very different.
:-(
A former member
The 2002 idents still appear Wink look at the 09.35 junction this week.
IS
Inspector Sands
Thats as maybe, you'll have to provide some links, but look at everything else. Here's a good example, apart from the logo bug (and the presenters!) there's nothing that is the same as 2019.

One big difference is that the junctions use a large amount of Now/Next pointers, there's nothing like that now. Also the blobs were used a lot more then, they aren't so prominent now

EDIT: the ident at 9:35 definitely didn't date from 2002, it featured Chuggington, a series that started in 2008
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 4 March 2019 9:50am - 4 times in total
A former member
You are right the next pointers have all gone, but the short films are still in while more time has been spent on house with the bigger presenter team

Last friday there had the blobs on a pink background dancing on lights, I believe the rest have chuggers saying what day it is with one of the idents being used as a bumper.

16 days later

A former member
The videos which started this thread have been locked and hidden away.. That is very strange..
GE
thegeek Founding member
The videos which started this thread have been locked and hidden away.. That is very strange..

I think some people think Vimeo is an obscure enough place to put their work to share with clients, not expecting the general public to find them too. Perhaps the uploader was surprised to find such a high view count...

Newer posts