« Topics
Lou Scannon1,167 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West
I don't get it.

The slightly different arrangement/division of pieces compared to the longstanding standard "4" logo, because why?

The irregular/triangular gap in the horizontal section, because why?

Only those two horizontal pieces being different colours from the rest (and those particular colours), because why?

Confused Thumbs down
I'm still a European.
Josh gave kudos
Brekkie31,792 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Really is **** considering All is quite easy to fit in that logo just by using the blocks.

Doesn't seem to be a pre-roll graphic at the moment to see how it works in action. Always thought the old one with one block per channel worked really well.
Last edited by Brekkie on 27 February 2019 9:06pm
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Lynetwork45 posts since 9 Jul 2018
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I'm confused.

I kind of like the added colours but I don't think this logo makes a great deal of sense, if any. Especially considering how easy it is to fit 'All' into the logo.

Ta-da! I know this mockup is terrible but it was done in the space of two minutes, and I'm no graphic designer by any means. But the word All fits so easily into this logo, so...why they went for the logo they did is a bit baffling.
JetixFann450598 posts since 25 Mar 2013
STV Central Reporting Scotland
There's also a new logo intro when watching anything on All4, where the two yellow/blue lines slide

TBH, not really a big fan of this logo. At least with the older version it had made sense with the colour coded blocks representing each other channel. E4 was purple, More4 used to be yellow but then became Green.
Last edited by JetixFann450 on 27 February 2019 9:31pm
Do you even read these?
Brekkie gave kudos
Newsroom24250 posts since 28 Jan 2017
Westcountry Points West
I understand it's pretty plain, but I actually really quite like it - simple but smart.

I was never too keen on the old All 4 logo and when they updated their logos, I didn't really feel it worked particularly well with the others.

Having said that, I've never liked Channel 4's on-demand service (be it All 4 or whatever it was called before) so I hope we can see updates to other elements of the service and not just the logo.
KELGE and Sh1ruba gave kudos
mr_vivian1,051 posts since 11 Oct 2015
UTV Newsline
I'm confused.

I kind of like the added colours but I don't think this logo makes a great deal of sense, if any. Especially considering how easy it is to fit 'All' into the logo.

Ta-da! I know this mockup is terrible but it was done in the space of two minutes, and I'm no graphic designer by any means. But the word All fits so easily into this logo, so...why they went for the logo they did is a bit baffling.

Looks better than what they came up with.

But the Channel 4 logo is a beauty - I think it's a shame they are messing with it. You either show the whole logo untouched or you don't show it all.

Not sure why it's so difficult to put a couple of letters of text beside the full logo for anything related to 4. It would look better than making a mess.