TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland - the launch

Split from BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
GMc
How many people have BBC Scotland grabbed from STV?

Rebecca Curran
Chris Clements
Laura Miller
David Cowan
Tyrone Smith
Amy Irons (even though she went to Capital after STV)
Lucy Whyte
Laura Goodwin
David Farrell (Live at Five on STV2)

So quite a lot...

Quite a few STV on-air reporters now working behind the scenes as well at the BBC. Nick Sheridan and Carole Erskine two other faces in front of the camera that have switched sides.
BB
BruceBBC
GMc posted:
How many people have BBC Scotland grabbed from STV?

Rebecca Curran
Chris Clements
Laura Miller
David Cowan
Tyrone Smith
Amy Irons (even though she went to Capital after STV)
Lucy Whyte
Laura Goodwin
David Farrell (Live at Five on STV2)

So quite a lot...

Quite a few STV on-air reporters now working behind the scenes as well at the BBC. Nick Sheridan and Carole Erskine two other faces in front of the camera that have switched sides.

Nick Sheridan presents the Saturday bulletin with Fiona Stalker.
BR
Brekkie
Those titles drag on a bit, one batch of peoples faces might have worked, and then after the cut show images of something else, and then something else again, rather than 3 batches of faces across the whole thing.

It's going to look a bit dodgy if they ever lead into the headlines with a story such as "25 people arrested in paedophile ring".
tesandco, Ittr and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
BB
BruceBBC
Let’s talk announcers, what have you heard and do you like what you hear?

You haven’t heard all yet, just Jennie and Dom. George will be on soon.
JO
Josh
I like the name checks. Adds a sense of familiarity to the links.
KELGE and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
BB
BruceBBC
Josh posted:
I like the name checks. Adds a sense of familiarity to the links.

I agree. Makes the channel more personal.
JB
JexedBack
A massive bit of speculation but if the new BBC News graphics are anything like that used on the preview of the Nine just now I'll be happy - I don't like the currently use of the thin red sliding bars and text that News currently use on their social media videos, and whilst the thin coloured bars carried over from the very brief peek it all animated much nicer, and with a nice mix of serif and sans serif Reith!

Prepare to be not happy.
PF
PFML84
I imagine, sadly, that the BBC News graphics are going to stay the same, the only thing that's going to change is that it will use Reith. Which would be a massive disappointment I think. BBC News is very stale looking and could do with a refresh. Even a different colour scheme could zhuzh it up a little.
MO
Moz
A massive bit of speculation but if the new BBC News graphics are anything like that used on the preview of the Nine just now I'll be happy - I don't like the currently use of the thin red sliding bars and text that News currently use on their social media videos, and whilst the thin coloured bars carried over from the very brief peek it all animated much nicer, and with a nice mix of serif and sans serif Reith!

Prepare to be not happy.

Well in the post he says he likes the graphics on The Nine, but doesn't like the similar graphics used on BBC News social media.

So will he be unhappy because the new BBC News graphics will be nothing like The Nine graphics, or because they'll be more like the stuff used on social media?

They have said that the lower thirds will be totally different from what we have now, not just Reith.
:-(
A former member
Is that george getting his first outing as CA?
BB
BruceBBC
Is that george getting his first outing as CA?

Yes it is.
MR
mr_vivian
Let’s talk announcers, what have you heard and do you like what you hear?

You haven’t heard all yet, just Jennie and Dom. George will be on soon.

I think it's fantastic they are being more human. There's a lot of prerecorded stuff out there so nice to have someone live.

Newer posts