TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland - the launch

Split from BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Woodpecker
Awful idea, but the graphics look great. Recutting them to include images of the news might work though.

What you're describing sounds like it wouldn't be a million miles away from the current titles of Terzake (the Flemish equivalent to Newsnight - titles start at 0:55 below):

:-(
A former member
How many people have BBC Scotland grabbed from STV?
GM
Gary McEwan

Rebecca Curran
Chris Clements
Laura Miller
David Cowan
Tyrone Smith
Amy Irons (even though she went to Capital after STV)
Lucy Whyte
Laura Goodwin
David Farrell (Live at Five on STV2)

So quite a lot...
DV
DVB Cornwall
Incidentally the launch was covered for around 20 seconds in the middle of An La on BBC ALBA this evening.
CY
cylon6
I live in London and couldn't see BBC Scotland on my Sky+ box. Is it available outside Scotland?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I live in London and couldn't see BBC Scotland on my Sky+ box. Is it available outside Scotland?

Sky 457 and 876.
KP
KelpieP0921

Rebecca Curran
Chris Clements
Laura Miller
David Cowan
Tyrone Smith
Lucy Whyte
Laura Goodwin

So quite a lot...

While most of them have joined in the recent weeks ahead of BBC Scotland, a few like Smith and Whyte have been around for about 6 months or so at least.
KN
knack

Rebecca Curran
Chris Clements
Laura Miller
David Cowan
Tyrone Smith
Lucy Whyte
Laura Goodwin

So quite a lot...

While most of them have joined in the recent weeks ahead of BBC Scotland, a few like Smith and Whyte have been around for about 6 months or so at least.

And Rebecca Curran joined the BBC in 2016.
BR
Brekkie
Is telling that STV2 closing resulted in 25 job losses and savings of £1m whilst BBC Scotland has created 140 jobs and costs £32m. Sadly it seems only the BBC is in a position to deliver channels like this at a reasonable quality.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Those titles drag on a bit, one batch of peoples faces might have worked, and then after the cut show images of something else, and then something else again, rather than 3 batches of faces across the whole thing.
:-(
A former member
Those titles drag on a bit, one batch of peoples faces might have worked, and then after the cut show images of something else, and then something else again, rather than 3 batches of faces across the whole thing.

Cut them some slack, they’ve got an hour to fill.
CY
cylon6

Sky 457 and 876.

Thanks Neil! Thumbs up

Newer posts