« Topics
Brekkie30,997 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
I had hoped they would have used the studio where "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" is recorded (located very close to the Dolby Theater where the Oscars ceremony took place) instead of the rather echoey Beverly Hills Hotel foyer. The JKL! studio would have been ideal.
Especially with the backdrop behind the desk being one large video wall known on JKL! as the "Wall Of America".

Would be pointless going over there and locking themselves in a studio.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
DJGM2,685 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today
I had hoped they would have used the studio where "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" is recorded (located very close to the Dolby Theater where the Oscars ceremony took place) instead of the rather echoey Beverly Hills Hotel foyer. The JKL! studio would have been ideal.
Especially with the backdrop behind the desk being one large video wall known on JKL! as the "Wall Of America".

Disagree. It would have been far better to use a fully equipped TV studio that's very close to the actual Oscars ceremony venue, rather than some random area of a posh hotel totally unsuitable for a live OB such as this.
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" Tuesdays 4-6pm on Roch Valley Radio - rochvalleyradio.org.uk

(Until further notice!)
030293684 posts since 16 Apr 2007
HTV Wales Wales Today

Disagree. It would have been far better to use a fully equipped TV studio that's very close to the actual Oscars ceremony venue, rather than some random area of a posh hotel totally unsuitable for a live OB such as this.

I guess it's a 6-in-one, half a dozen in the other...

Yeah the studio is closer to the venue, but to the UK audience that probably doesn't mean very much. However the Beverly Hills hotel is in popular culture a bit more, and also the BH name is recognised.

A highlight of the show this morning was probably Mark Ronson just wandering in unplanned and mic-less. Would never have happened in the TV studio.

I mean I couldn't disagree that the background was hardly beautiful and it did appear a bit "dumped in the middle of reception", but it was a great episode and they used different spaces well.
fanoftv gave kudos
Aaron_20151,073 posts since 11 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight
They seemed (perhaps unsurprisingly) to get too caught up with just being in LA, as others have said Lorraine did a better job of letting viewers know what the key moments were.

The hotel setting seemed a little more relevant than I’d expected, but I still maintain the whole thing was a jolly (Piers said as much himself). The online reaction was fairly negative, most of the target audience just aren’t that interested.

Piers and Susanna are back on Monday, so Susanna has managed to bag three weeks off too.
Whataday and GMc gave kudos
kernow1,203 posts since 18 Jan 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVaPXbfmjtU

This has just been uploaded to YouTube - it's amazing how Kate Garraway's presenting style has changed in the past 22 years.

You would expect there to be a difference in presenting style between a newsreader on a political programme (which is her role in that video) and a magazine programme presenter (which is her role now).
Whataday9,787 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVaPXbfmjtU

This has just been uploaded to YouTube - it's amazing how Kate Garraway's presenting style has changed in the past 22 years.

You would expect there to be a difference in presenting style between a newsreader on a political programme (which is her role in that video) and a magazine programme presenter (which is her role now).

But we've covered this before (comparing clips of her on the GMTV sofa in the late 90s) and the change in style has been dramatic.
JK081,396 posts since 20 Feb 2011
Granada North West Today
Would be great to see a 'GMB on Sunday' similar to The Sunday Programme, now that Peston has been moved to Wednesday evenings.

Obviously ITV have now come to the conclusion that current affairs on a Sunday morning will always be a battle lost to the BBC.
JKDerry1,461 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
Would be great to see a 'GMB on Sunday' similar to The Sunday Programme, now that Peston has been moved to Wednesday evenings.

Obviously ITV have now come to the conclusion that current affairs on a Sunday morning will always be a battle lost to the BBC.

Peston was moved to Wednesday because his show could not compete well with the BBC. So, I doubt they will make another political/current affairs driven Sunday morning show. The money and audience is not there.
DVB Cornwall8,106 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight

Peston was moved to Wednesday because his show could not compete well with the BBC. So, I doubt they will make another political/current affairs driven Sunday morning show. The money and audience is not there.

Not so sure about that. A compelling programme against the MoTD re-runs between 0900-1000 would at least have a fighting chance, 'Piers Morgan's Sunday' perhaps. I'd definitely reject putting it any earlier though. The old TVAM/GMTV Sunday slot being a non starter.
kernow1,203 posts since 18 Jan 2006

Not so sure about that. A compelling programme against the MoTD re-runs between 0900-1000 would at least have a fighting chance, 'Piers Morgan's Sunday' perhaps. I'd definitely reject putting it any earlier though. The old TVAM/GMTV Sunday slot being a non starter.

They wouldn't be able to show anything from 9-10am, because of the 9:25am franchise 'handover'.

It would have to start at 9:25am (or later), or finish at 9:25am (or earlier).

The problem with showing it after 9:25am is that it would be up against The Andrew Marr Show and Sunday Politics.