TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland - the launch

Split from BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Good question - could have been a wise move to have the channel based in Edinburgh to shift the emphasis Salford style, though of course that brings in even more costs.

That next slide is hideous - do they think the Scots are missing the BBC2's garish colour scheme?
Last edited by Brekkie on 24 February 2019 8:44pm
:-(
A former member
How many idents is there?

6 at the moment. More on the way.

I shall look forward to seeing them all. Pass on my regards of top quality idents, puts the network and London to shame............
JA
Jamesypoo
Here is that Next slide

Wait a minute... is that... consistency with another BBC channel? Surely not?
MR
mr_vivian
How many idents is there?

6 at the moment. More on the way.

The idents look very good. They are a very good concept.
A former member
Here is Ident No3, if your wonder where that: Its Buchanan Street Subway station canopy: = Glasgow.

Stuart, bkman1990 and Sh1ruba gave kudos
BB
BBI45
I know this is a bit off topic, but did I just see TVNZ's Hillary Barry on 'The People's News'?
RT
TheRealThomanory
Here is the 3rd ident from launch night at 20:30 pm.
Stuart and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
RO
Rofters
Here's the video for the third ident:
MR
mr_vivian
Here's the video for the third ident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugu7rcrSHc

It reminds me of the old BBC Three pink ident with the liquid within the logo
WO
Woodpecker
BBI45 posted:
I know this is a bit off topic, but did I just see TVNZ's Hillary Barry on 'The People's News'?

Yes, you did. I have to say, from what little I've seen, this People's News seems to be a load of rubbish. Just what is the point of watching a bunch of randoms talk about the news? It's bad enough reading Twitter or Reddit, let alone having to see it on TV too.
A former member
It would seem the People news is just like this channel no middle ground its as you say crap or Outstanding..
MO
Moz
Think the idents are really dull and old fashioned - did they not get the flat memo? Nothing is 3D anymore! All the logo does is change colour and stay perfectly still. Boring!

The next slides are great though. Vibrant and the logo is flat and clean.

Newer posts