TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JM
JamesM0984
Sums up how confused they are as a channel though.

Hardly. Ben Frow's openly said many times he's targeting an older, Northern audience. She couldn't suit that target audience more.

It’s a pretty niche audience to target. Old, Northern and mostly Gay!

Can one only be partially gay then?
DV
dvboy
Jane McDonald wasn't my first thought, there's also the Hotel Inspector, and the various documentaries about railways and engineering.
JO
Jonwo
dvboy posted:
Jane McDonald wasn't my first thought, there's also the Hotel Inspector, and the various documentaries about railways and engineering.

Channel 5 has been broadening their slate and attracting talent like Jeremy Paxman, Michael Portillo etc yesterday they had a documentary on abuse, they still have fluff like Cruising with Jane McDonald and the upcoming reboot of The Bachelor but TBH that's no different from Channel 4, they're also dipping their toe into drama with two commissioned for this year.
KE
kernow
Jonwo posted:
dvboy posted:

Channel 5 has been broadening their slate and attracting talent like Jeremy Paxman, Michael Portillo etc yesterday they had a documentary on abuse, they still have fluff like Cruising with Jane McDonald and the upcoming reboot of The Bachelor but TBH that's no different from Channel 4, they're also dipping their toe into drama with two commissioned for this year.

There's also been Michael Palin in North Korea, which got the highest ratings for its slot, and was Channel 5's highest rated programme since 2016.

Paxman on the Queen's Children was a welcome change from the typical royal documentary on Channel 5 (which are normally presenter-less and full of talking heads and voiceovers)

19 days later

JA
JAS84
Apparently some people didn't get the memo and still turned up for the cancelled auditions:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/x-factor-auditions-cancelled-hull-2633133
:-(
A former member
Has there been any confirmation what’s actually happening yet?
RA
Ros_Atkins32
Has there been any confirmation what’s actually happening yet?

From what I have seen, there hasn’t been any yet and until it is nearer to the time X Factor comes, expect the information coming on at the moment to be predictions and rumours until they are confirmed. For now, it could be expected to go on (unless if the production team decide not to do a new series this year)
JA
JAS84
Cowell confirmed the plans a month ago.
So according to this article there will be 2 X Factors this year, a celeb edition and an 'all-star' version they will run back to back later in the year :

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8430533/simon-cowell-two-series-x-factor-britains-got-talent/

Also an additional Champions series of BGT.
OR
orange
Sounds like a couple of send off series to me, judging by other shows.

31 days later

A former member
Robbie and Ayda have quit.
A former member
Is that even news? I'm surprised they have just left.
A former member
Yes, Robbie announced it this morning. Pretty sure they’d already been confirmed for this year.

Part of me wonders if they’ll actually bother at all this year.

Newer posts