TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I thought Andi Peters usually filled in.
NA
natoswald

Not in quite a while. Recently it's been a mix of Joe Swash, Laura Whitmore and Ian Lee.
JM
JamesM0984
chris posted:

I'm not particularly keen on Good Morning Britain, but she was on the Today programme the other day.

Did they pixelate too?

See for yourself...

It's not just Brexit that's hard.
CW
CraigWills

Not in quite a while. Recently it's been a mix of Joe Swash, Laura Whitmore and Ian Lee.

Yes they have - Laura Whitmore being my personal favourite, competent and still comes across friendly on screen. Joe Swash, although I’m not his biggest fan, also did an okay job. Iain Lee didn’t fit the GMB vibe in my opinion almost felt like he didn’t really want to be there. I’d like to see Laura become a regular deputy on the show, however any of the names mentioned are far and away better than Spencer’s appearance today. But GMB is all about headlines right now, good, bad or otherwise - so having “competent journalist presents fluid entertainment bulletin on GMB” doesn’t quite work aswell as “Reality star apologises for awkward appearance on GMB”.
TV
TVDP
Andi Peters isn't relief for Richard since almost 4 years.
Around 2017, it was Mickael Underwood (Entertainment Today, GMTV) and since it's a mix.
BA
bilky asko

Laura Whitmore is covering for Nihal Arthanayake on BBC Radio Five Live this week, so wouldn't have been available in any case.
AA
Aaron_2015
Jetting off to LA 5 days before broadcast, I think we know who’s getting the most out of the Oscars special (and it’s not the viewers!):

Given how little interest GMB’s target audience have in the Oscars, it’s surprising that they’re making such a fuss about it.
DK
DanielK
Jetting off to LA 5 days before broadcast, I think we know who’s getting the most out of the Oscars special (and it’s not the viewers!):

Given how little interest GMB’s target audience have in the Oscars, it’s surprising that they’re making such a fuss about it.

Ummm you've never heard of prep work for a show?

Similar to the long period where Erron was based at TVC when the show was still at TLS, making sure everything was in place for broadcast day. It doesn't matter if it is for one morning or for the rest of time, preparation is still required.
NG
noggin Founding member

Similar to the long period where Erron was based at TVC when the show was still at TLS, making sure everything was in place for broadcast day. It doesn't matter if it is for one morning or for the rest of time, preparation is still required.

5 days is quite a long time if it is just prep work for simple OB inserts into a morning news show. IF it is just simple OB inserts that GMB are doing... Moving an entire show into a new studio centre is a slightly different kettle of fish.

However there may well be requirements for broadcasts in the days before the Oscars - and Erron may simply be taking the opportunity of having some personal time in LA before he needs to work.

It's certainly not unusual for staff working on overseas deployment to pick up their own hotel bills for a day or two, particularly if there isn't a major flight cost increase in going earlier than required, or coming back later. Many employers will also pay for a 'rest day' if they fly you out economy on a long haul flight. (If you are lucky enough to fly business, where there is a more realistic opportunity of getting some sleep, you may not get a rest day)
AA
Aaron_2015

The preparation required for permanently moving studios and production facilities is very different (completely different in fact) to preparing for a single broadcast in a different location. I’ve no doubt preparation and rehearsals are required, but I highly doubt 5 days is the industry standard for preparing a single 2 and half hour broadcast (happy to be proved incorrect if this is the case though).
CW
CraigWills

I’m surprised how big they’re seemingly going on the oscars this year mind. Seems a bit OTT. I’m in the minority that I literally don’t care but is the average viewer that invested or cared to warrant the majority of the show coming from LA? I’m happy to stand corrected but I fear that the majority of the show will be from LA with just news inserts from Charlotte in London. I’m holding out hope that’ll they have Charlotte in London (alongside Kate or whoever, Sean even?) presenting other items, such as the news reviews/interviews etc. Almost like a 50-50 split between London and LA.
BR
Brekkie

5 days is quite a long time if it is just prep work for simple OB inserts into a morning news show. IF it is just simple OB inserts that GMB are doing... Moving an entire show into a new studio centre is a slightly different kettle of fish.

I thought someone said earlier Piers and Susanna were anchoring there this year.

Newer posts