TV Home Forum

[adult swim] on E4 & All 4

Starting 15th February (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OR
orange
Could be worse.

I also remember they had bumpers with the likes of internet screamers/jumpscares at one point in time... Very Happy
ET
ethanh05
_Tom_ posted:
Could be worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsbGxd9Luc
I also remember they had bumpers with the likes of internet screamers/jumpscares at one point in time... Very Happy

Have you got any proof...
SS
SuperSajuuk
One of the problems these kind of block bookings have had is that, often in the past, when programmes are aired that fit the [adult swin] billing (at least to match what they do in the US), they use heavily censored versions of the episodes they are broadcasting, thus making it less enjoyable and forcing people to just go watch the original source material online (via legal methods) or buy the episodes on disk format.

I hope this is not a problem that will afflict this attempt of adult swim in the UK, otherwise it won't lead anywhere and nobody will watch the content.
LL
Larry the Loafer
To be entirely honest, they could have launched this on Channel 4 itself. It's not like they have anything going on at the time of day anyway other than repeats, so why not go for a potentially bigger audience?

Repeats? That's where you find Gogglebox, Cats Does Countdown, The Last Leg, and there's a new series of The Big Narstie Show starting next week going out at 11.05pm. Friday nights are hardly a graveyard slot on Channel 4.
JA
james-2001
On this video I recorder back in 1999, you can see a small amount of it at around 6:50 (shown as part of the cable channel guide)

The date on it says it's a Sunday, though doesn't say what month, though the only Sunday 2nd in 1999 was May, so it must be from that day.
JA
james-2001
Also, I remember one night around 2002/2003 where Nickelodeon ran lots of old continuity (amongst other things, including clips of some shows, including part of one episode of Doug they showed repeatedly, lots of fastforwarding and rewinding of stuff and various effects and transitions) after closedown. The clips they showed started quite recent, then slowly got older. I remember the newer clips had been recorded as the channel's output- so you saw some bits of the trailers and programmes around the continuity, but once it went to clips from around 1997/98, you saw the stuff that was going off in the studio during adverts and programmes, so we saw some bits of the presenters talking to callers about to go on air, and them walking off set (one of which looked like they were in a huff) once they were off air.

I wish I'd shoved in a tape to record it!

Also, whne it comes to IVC, I used to like T4, but it started to go downhill once they farmed it out to AtIt productions, who moved it from the Channel 4 atrium to a studio, then not long after started pre-recording the links. 2000-2002 was the peak era of T4.
Last edited by james-2001 on 16 February 2019 11:03pm - 3 times in total
ET
ethanh05
To be entirely honest, they could have launched this on Channel 4 itself. It's not like they have anything going on at the time of day anyway other than repeats, so why not go for a potentially bigger audience?

Repeats? That's where you find Gogglebox, Cats Does Countdown, The Last Leg, and there's a new series of The Big Narstie Show starting next week going out at 11.05pm. Friday nights are hardly a graveyard slot on Channel 4.

Like I said, you could always simulcast it from around midnight if you broadcast it on E4 between 12 and 3 or so.

There are many ways of doing this more successfully.
BR
Brekkie

Like I said, you could always simulcast it from around midnight if you broadcast it on E4 between 12 and 3 or so.

There are many ways of doing this more successfully.

And moving it later to simulcast on two channels is not one of them.

The brand fits with E4 and as evident in this thread isn't such a big coup to instantly warrant a place on C4. They are testing the water and if successful Adult Swim will be able to expand on E4, where frankly its audience is more likely to be than the C4 of 2019.
OR
orange
_Tom_ posted:
Could be worse.

I wouldn’t lie! It was part of a promotion for The Heart, She Holler.
ET
ethanh05
_Tom_ posted:
_Tom_ posted:
Could be worse.

I wouldn’t lie! It was part of a promotion for The Heart, She Holler.

And I don't doubt you. But were they truly horrifying though?
OR
orange
Er... Probably not? But still not terribly nice at 3AM, which is what I was trying to say - adult swim is famous for being on until the early morning and on the way they have really bizarre and surreal stings, I’d say they go weirder the longer you watch throughout the night.
GE
thegeek Founding member
On this video I recorder back in 1999, you can see a small amount of it at around 6:50 (shown as part of the cable channel guide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyThnH2jZlY

The date on it says it's a Sunday, though doesn't say what month, though the only Sunday 2nd in 1999 was May, so it must be from that day.
I just checked Genome (because I was curious as to what 'Personal Passions' on BBC Two was), and found it wasn't on that day - but was on April 2 2000. The time for MotD is sightly off though - were the cable listings 100% accurate?

(Also, did you mean to post this in the kids' TV thread?)

Newer posts