The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
HardTalk in the Daily Politics Studio today. Stunning look with the darkened studio and desk.

Sarah Montague is hosting from the studio and her guest, Bertie Aherne, is Down the line on the news wall.

That desk is just stunning, with a deep blue lit feature at the front.
KE
kernow
One thing I've never understood about Hardtalk is why it's normally only shown in graveyard slots, typicallly 00:30 and 04:30. The only other slot it's currently shown in is 3pm on Sundays on BBC Parliament.

They could quite easily show Hardtalk in other slots, especially at weekends, or in other slots on BBC Parliament.
SS
SuperSajuuk
One thing I've never understood about Hardtalk is why it's normally only shown in graveyard slots, typicallly 00:30 and 04:30. The only other slot it's currently shown in is 3pm on Sundays on BBC Parliament.

They could quite easily show Hardtalk in other slots, especially at weekends, or in other slots on BBC Parliament.

It used to be shown on the BBC News Channel at 8.30pm and even had its own ad which was shown around 4pm that day. That was back when the channel was double headed in the afternoons, but around late 2016 (just before certain political events happened), it was scrapped, presumably due to Beyond 100 Days and Outside Source leaving no room for anything else than just 30 minutes of news brtween the two simulcasts on the NC.

I agree it should come back to daytime broadcasting and not be in graveyard shifts, it basically makes it an online broadcast. It’s not even shown on weekends either, which they could easily do instead of repeating Click and Travel Show nearly 8 times over the weekend.
KE
kernow
Hardtalk actually gets shown much more frequently and in better slots on BBC World News than it does on the BBC News Channel, although most of those are on weekdays, with just a couple of Saturday morning broadcasts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmdc/broadcasts/2019/02
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Hardtalk actually gets shown much more frequently and in better slots on BBC World News than it does on the BBC News Channel, although most of those are on weekdays, with just a couple of Saturday morning broadcasts.

That's probably because Hard Talk was created for BBC World as part of the March 1997 refresh. It's always had lots of airings on BBC World for as long as I can remember.
WO
Worzel

That's probably because Hard Talk was created for BBC World as part of the March 1997 refresh. It's always had lots of airings on BBC World for as long as I can remember.

And the same music since launch.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

And the same music since launch.

Not quite! It had a very different theme tune between 1997 and 2000:

Then came the first version of the more familiar music in 2000:

And the present theme from 2008:

JW
JamesWorldNews
The original theme was classic! Loved that. My favourite of all three, and I’d choose the indermediate one over the current one if asked.
Richard and itsrobert gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
World News in the Virtual Studio today.
NE
News96
with that hideous background again too!
RK
Rkolsen
You know those studios are about six years old. That’s a long time in the National and local news business. I’m speculating that a good way to refresh studios C & E would be to replace the 103” Plasmas (which if they are on the good part of their day may start dying - the NBC ones have died after a few years). They could replace the plasmas with small pixel pitch curved LEDs in the place. All that could be done in the weekend - the tiles and balcony at msnbc were removed in the weekend and ready for use Monday. Probably a day for C & E.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Tanya Beckett in E overnight, looks like C is under maintenance this weekend.

Newer posts