The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
I'm confused how this introduction of Reith to News is going to phased throughout the year. Media Boy has hinted Victoria Derbyshire and Impact will go first, but how will this work? They can't have half the graphics in Reith with the BBC News DOG and ticker in the current typeface. Also if the website goes Reith will the BBC News logo go at the same time, leaving a mismatch with what's on air?
BR
Brekkie
Moz posted:
I'm confused how this introduction of Reith to News is going to phased throughout the year. Media Boy has hinted Victoria Derbyshire and Impact will go first, but how will this work? They can't have half the graphics in Reith with the BBC News DOG and ticker in the current typeface. Also if the website goes Reith will the BBC News logo go at the same time, leaving a mismatch with what's on air?

This is the BBC - of course they can.

I really don't buy the excuses - it's been 2 years since the public announcement so longer since it was known internally. Even with the various elements BBC News have to consider if it is taking that long ro implement the BBC really do have a problem and those who says it's "bloated" might just have a point.
Rkolsen and Custard56 gave kudos
TI
tightrope78

WO
Worzel
Christian Fraser was buttering some toast on today's 100 Days with an overhead shot I've not seen used in C before. Haven't been able to cap it.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Christian Fraser was buttering some toast on today's 100 Days with an overhead shot I've not seen used in C before. Haven't been able to cap it.

Good grief. What next? Overhead shots of newsreaders giving us an update from the khazi? Just read the bloody news!
WA
watchingtv

BA
Bail Moderator
Snoop cam
FO
FanOfTV99

They should have used the overhead cam for the fish and chips with Clive Myrie.
CR
Critique
Snoop cam isn't usually seen on air but I do remember that a few years back when the NC got going at 8:30 properly (with Simon McCoy and Carrie Gracie) there were a few occasions where the rehearsal just before the opt got put to air and they cut to the snoop shot at one point, to which Simon could be heard saying 'what the hell is that shot?'!
TO
theTOTHlad2002

Also anybody up for some rare News 24 footage from 2004?
Last edited by theTOTHlad2002 on 13 February 2019 8:58pm - 2 times in total
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Is that overhead shot in the McCoy clip actually a snoop or is it there for newspaper reviews (pre them going AR)? It doesn't seem like the kind of shot that would be very useful to the gallery.
DE
deejay
It’s not a snoop cam, it’s an overhead slung camera. Not often used, but occasionally on paper reviews on World and on Business Live.

Newer posts