TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Today's second episode is on the Network DVDs with some very abrupt cuts around the scenes with Steve, Andy and Vicky running the pirate radio station- probably so they could avoid paying royalties for the music. Be interesting to see how it looks on ITV3 today.
SC
Si-Co
Today's second episode is on the Network DVDs with some very abrupt cuts around the scenes with Steve, Andy and Vicky running the pirate radio station- probably so they could avoid paying royalties for the music. Be interesting to see how it looks on ITV3 today.

Were there any cuts on the ITV3 version?
JA
james-2001
I'm not sure, I'm away from home yesterday and today, so likey won't be able to see my recording of it till tomorrow.
NW
nwtv2003
Si-Co posted:

Were there any cuts on the ITV3 version?

The 6am episode this morning (ie yesterday’s first episode), ended with a Granada Production for Granada Sky Broadcasting endcap, which suggests to me that it was edited.
JA
james-2001
We've been getting the occasional Granada Plus edit, it's quite frustrating when we do.

In fact we seem to have had a few G+ edits, but where ITV3 have overlayed the original endcap over the GSB one.

Sadly we'll have to wait till around Feb/March 94 till we know we're totally free of them.
JB
JasonB
The corriepedia guide is quite good as it usually says how many minutes or seconds were cut from the Granada Plus showings for timing reasons.
JA
james-2001
Just watched my recording of the 30/8/91 edition, it's the same as it was on the DVD, so ITV3 either used the same edit, or that's how it went out originally anyway.

The episodes either side of it were Granada Plus edits, there's been a lot of them slipping through recently.

8 days later

:-(
A former member
This is a bit odd, Corrie is on for a full hour this evening with new spilt at 8pm. I wonder if it's to test the waters.
BR
Brekkie
They've opted to air Vera repeats at 8.30 for a few weeks, so the news is also pushed back.

Has EE moved to 8.30?
JA
james-2001
Yes it has!
:-(
A former member
Yes it has!
JA
james-2001
Snap.

Newer posts