TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped

DJ
DJGM Granada North West Today
Well I'm calling bulls**t on this at least until the OP's news of The X Factor's cancellation is confirmed by an official source.
"The Not-So-Late-Show with Greg Mitchell" will hopefully return in some form, somewhere soon.
Unlikely to be on Roch Valley Radio though.

Stay tuned . . .
PA
paul_hadley London London
Simon Cowell’s face didn’t move when questioned about it the Daily Mail reports so he’s keeping tight lipped if it’s true.
AL
alexhduk (previously alexhd2012) UTV Newsline
I walked past the auditions a few times in Belfast on Saturday throughout the day and I did not see anyone audition, just a member of the production team attempting to grab people in the shopping centre to sign up and the audition queue was empty all day!
JC
JCB
Stranger things have happened but I think a bucket of salt is needed. The axe probably is hanging over the show but I wouldn't have thought they'd let it go without a farewell series. Especially considering they still don't have anything lined up that would rate any better.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I hope this is the much-needed rest that has been rumoured for the show. They need to take a couple of years out, let the talent pool grow again, and come back with a bang.

In fact I was watching The Greatest Dancer on Saturday, and I thought at the time that this is how fresh and modern X Factor should look. If (when) they come back, I hope it’s with a renewed focus and energy.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Simon Cowell’s face didn’t move when questioned about it the Daily Mail reports so he’s keeping tight lipped if it’s true.

Has he been overdoing the botox?
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
PA
paul_hadley London London
That was the joke yes
JasonB, BBI45 and bilky asko gave kudos
KE
kernow
I walked past the auditions a few times in Belfast on Saturday throughout the day and I did not see anyone audition, just a member of the production team attempting to grab people in the shopping centre to sign up and the audition queue was empty all day!

Apparently only 15 people turned up to the auditions in Plymouth last week.
GO
gottago London London
Been hearing this today from a few people too.
AS
Ash101
I hope this is the much-needed rest that has been rumoured for the show. They need to take a couple of years out, let the talent pool grow again, and come back with a bang.

In fact I was watching The Greatest Dancer on Saturday, and I thought at the time that this is how fresh and modern X Factor should look. If (when) they come back, I hope it’s with a renewed focus and energy.

I totally agree. The Greatest Dancer has shown that Simon Cowell can still make fresh feeling talent shows. ITV should have rested X Factor a few years ago and taken a gamble on a new format of his for a few years. Then X would be ready to return and probably have a lot of hype around it.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The Greatest Dancer isn’t fresh in the slightest, it’s just like BGT with only dancing. The same musical cues at dramatic moments, the same cut aways, the same judges comments.
marshmallow and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
NG
noggin Founding member
The Greatest Dancer isn’t fresh in the slightest, it’s just like BGT with only dancing. The same musical cues at dramatic moments, the same cut aways, the same judges comments.

The same production company, the same team behind it. What were people expecting?

Newer posts