TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Lovely use of the logo (albeit 2013 version) to form so many patterns. The pan on the Ident at the end of the preview video was lovely; A clear version of the logo, centred, lovely imagery around and a warmth from the chair symbolising people’s environment as they view TV.
TV
TVDP
I think it's my favourite so far.
HT
HTV Best
My mother on last weeks ident... "is this proper ITV? I've never seen that monstrosity before"

She's not a big ITV watcher but she generally didn't know it was ITVs main channel.
DavidWhitfield and JetixFann450 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
All these idents are doing is showing how much better the 5 colour logo is than the new 3 coloured version.
JO
Josh
ITV's YouTube videos no longer start with the ITV logo. Instead they begin with the programme branding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_SQmhpj8Lk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE-EQrLBxpo

Just checked and GMB and Lorraine still have the old 5 segments.
CR
Critique

The wallpaper in the background with the back to back reversed 'i' segment of the logo looking almost like the oft dreamed UTV variant of this ident!
AM
amosc100
The latest one is not my cup of tea!

It just reminds me of the 1970's wallpaper and curtains, and even makes me think of George and Mildred!
MR
mr_vivian

The wallpaper in the background with the back to back reversed 'i' segment of the logo looking almost like the oft dreamed UTV variant of this ident!

If you remove the dot from the i it is utv.

The reason they are using the 5 piece logo is because there's more you can do with it.

The idea behind the 3 piece seems to be more geared towards promos and online.
JA
Jamesypoo
The reason they are using the 5 piece logo is because there's more you can do with it.

I'm not so sure about that. It comes across as being more like them planning to use the 5 piece logo alongside the idents and they changed their mind when it was too late to do anything about the idents.
MR
mr_vivian

I'm not so sure about that. It comes across as being more like them planning to use the 5 piece logo alongside the idents and they changed their mind when it was too late to do anything about the idents.

If I was an artist I would prefer to work with the 5 piece.
AE
AlexEdohHD13

If you remove the dot from the i it is utv.

The idea behind the 3 piece seems to be more geared towards promos and online.

Makes you wonder they didn't keep the 5-piece logo in the first place.
:-(
A former member
I rather like this week’s, I have to say. I’m struggling to imagine it all lasting a whole year though - how many are we yet to see that we’re shown at the start of the year?

Newer posts