TV Home Forum

BBC Three returns to TV on BBC One

Monday - Wednesday at 10:35pm (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
paul_hadley
Don’t they do this already? Albeit at midnight or whatever on Fridays?
IS
Inspector Sands
In that case I think I'm wrong then. To be honest I assumed it was like their lunchtime news which is all wrapped up by 1:52
IT
itsrobert Founding member
In that case I think I'm wrong then. To be honest I assumed it was like their lunchtime news which is all wrapped up by 1:52

Ah - no, NAT runs to 30 minutes without an ad break. I think LTN and EN run to about the same duration as each other (less than 30 mins) but with LTN it comes on air at about 1.28pm and although EN starts at 6.30pm on the dot, it usually contains an ad break.
IS
Inspector Sands

Ah - no, NAT runs to 30 minutes without an ad break. I think LTN and EN run to about the same duration as each other (less than 30 mins) but with LTN it comes on air at about 1.28pm and although EN starts at 6.30pm on the dot, it usually contains an ad break.

No Lunchtime is shorter as the half hour between 1:30 and 2 includes a short regional news bulletin which is bookended by ad breaks.
JL
JamesLaverty1925

No Lunchtime is shorter as the half hour between 1:30 and 2 includes a short regional news bulletin which is bookended by ad breaks.

Odd time I catch Lunchtime News it seems to finish around 1:50ish
IT
itsrobert Founding member

Odd time I catch Lunchtime News it seems to finish around 1:50ish

So if it starts at 1.28 and ends at say 1.50, that's 22 minutes. EN starts at 6.30pm, includes an ad break and I'm sure it finishes by 6.55 latest, if not slightly before. I don't reckon there's much in it. I've asked someone who works at ITN so I should hopefully be able to provide a definite answer shortly.
MR
mr_vivian
Well they used to have BBC Three on BBC One in the analogue days. I used to watch that slot.
RE
Rex
This has been on the cards for years

They considered creating a slot on BBC Two but that wouldn't have been ideal considering that it would clash with Newsnight. Didn't go anywhere from there until today. Since some of the BBC One content post-10.30 is mostly filler, it makes sense to create a slot that way.

I mean - this is long overdue and a much better proposition than mish-mashing content across BBC One and Two at random times.
MR
mr_vivian
BBC Two used to do comedy night Thursdays. I don't get why they wouldn't make a strand like that again.

They've even got a furry 2 curve ident to get through the evening.
BR
Brekkie
Can't recall if it was before or after BBC3 closed but they gave Sunday nights over to BBC3 content on BBC2 for a whilst, which actually worked rather well.

Is Fleabag, which they're launching with, the new series or a rerun of the first?
:-(
A former member
It was Before BBC 3 closed down wasn't it? New Family guy was burned off in this slot.
MR
mr_vivian

It was actually the slot Graham Norton's show began on.

Newer posts