Crackerjack

returns in 2020 (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Sam and Mark to be lead presenters

:-(
A former member
Sam and mark still a thing? Im surprised dick n dom never got it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The only thing that amazes me about this is that it hasn't happened sooner.
JA
james-2001
Strikes me that it might be a bit of a dated format these days, it was getting old by the 80s. But we'll have to see what they do with it I guess.
:-(
A former member
Yet itv pick it up once bbc dropped it.
DA
davidhorman
Yet itv pick it up once bbc dropped it.

Technically they picked up Stu Francis and give him a similar series.
RU
russty_russ
Sam and mark still a thing? Im surprised dick n dom never got it.

Dick N Dom revived Ask The Family in the mid 00s, it bombed.

Wonder what the BBC thinks what reviving Crackerjack will do?
RD
RDJ
I can quite imagine it'll be Crackerjack in all but name.

If a kid won a pencil as a prize nowadays they'd think you're on something.

EDIT: Actually reading the Press Release and they're still carrying on with the pencil. We'll see how well that does.
JA
james-2001
Sounds like something which will only appeal to the adults old enough to remember the original (i.e. people at least a decade older than I am), and the supposed target age group won't be interested at all. I don't think you can bring back old formats based solely on nostalgia for the original.
SW
Steve Williams
Sounds like something which will only appeal to the adults old enough to remember the original (i.e. people at least a decade older than I am), and the supposed target age group won't be interested at all. I don't think you can bring back old formats based solely on nostalgia for the original.

I don't think it sounds like that at all. Events such as the Broom Cupboard and Blue Peter anniversaries have been created with so much care and attention that they appeal to kids and adults alike.

Saturday Mash Up was sold as a continuation of the traditional Saturday morning shows and the child audience seem wildly enthusiastic about that, it certainly hasn't been overshadowed by endless references to its predecessors. I don't doubt this will be the same - besides, they're pretty much doing the same format already with Big Friday Wind-Up. All that seems to be different here is that they're adding the Crackerjack name as a bit of a nod to CBBC's heritage and a bit of interest for any parents who happen to be watching alongside them. As far as the kids are concerned, it's just a name.

There's clearly no cynicism involved in CBBC, everyone says the teams there are absolutely dedicated to kids and reach for the very highest standards.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Didn't Blue Peter revive a Crackerjack feature in fairly recent memory? Involved cabbages iirc
SW
Steve Williams
Didn't Blue Peter revive a Crackerjack feature in fairly recent memory? Involved cabbages iirc

Yes, they did indeed play Double Or Drop on Blue Peter in the early noughties.

Newer posts