« Topics
Moz5,116 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Wales Today
My first every post on the Gallery. Linked to the upcoming revamp of BBC News graphics, and a discussion about how the various technologies, buildings, kit and software used but BBC News will always lead to alignment issues. So I thought about designing a set where the elements didn't align, so a pixel or two out when layering different elements wouldn't be noticed.

Be kind to me!

I've not animated them as I've no idea how, and also safe areas are so 2001! Confused

Oh, and its a flipper at the bottom, not a ticker. Think they're much better!
#skillsforlife
ittrgrey, lukeshep and Woodpecker gave kudos
DavidWhitfield621 posts since 16 Oct 2013
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Interesting idea. Certainly different to what they have now.

A few things I would tweak for my personal tastes:

- I'd make the headline text bigger and/or the main information text smaller in the white box. Currently, the headline appears smaller than the secondary information which seems wrong to me.

- Try and make the flipper text a bit bigger. A lower case serif font in a size like that is not at all easy to read.

- Think about the clock; it would be invisible on a light background. Perhaps consider using Reith (bold) (with a shadow perhaps?) so it stands out a bit more, or, probably best, put it in a box with an opaque (or at least translucent) fill colour.

Aside from my nit-picky comments, I think this is a wonderful idea, and I'd love to see wider areas of presentation, e.g. split screens.

Keep up the good work.
Mammal extraordinaire.
BBI45 gave kudos