TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2019

Israel - KAN - Tel Aviv - SFs 14, 16 May - Final 18 May - UK - Michael Rice. (May 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Oh we now have a TG1 news bulletin into the mix ..... (San Remo) and entry 22/24 is about to start.
BR
Brekkie
Gustav Dahlander has responded ...

Use Google Translate on this article ....

https://blogg.svt.se/melodifestivalen-expertbloggen/h%C3%A4r-%C3%A4r-r%C3%B6stnings%C3%A4ndringen-som-kan-avg%C3%B6ra-melodifestivalen-2019/

The detail is therein.

So the ages are split as follows:
• Green: 3–9 years
• Turquoise: 10–15 years
• Blue: 16–29 years
• Purple: 30–44 years
• Pink: 45–59 years
• Red: 60–74 years
• Orange: 75+
• Missing color: Phone

Amazed they're putting 3-9 year olds in a single category. Indeed amazed they're permitted to vote at all.
TI
tightrope78
When Margaret reached the final last year it was significant as the first non Scandinavian person to reach the Mello final. It was noted on the official Twitter feed as a big deal. But no matter how we consider Sweden ethnically diverse they are particularly anti Polish people and I think this is why they haven’t warmed to her.

Also, re the green room ‘sketch’ this week:

DV
DVB Cornwall
Ructions in San Remo, Audience objecting to super finalists. Hosts taking time to restore order so show can continue, wolf whistles, gestures and the lot.

Italy will have either a male soloist (two superfinalists Ultimo or Mahmood) or the classical all male group Il Volo who've had a degree of international success as their ESC 2019 representatives.
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 10 February 2019 12:05am
JM
JamesM0984
Il Volo have unfinished business but am I the only one slightly horrified by the idea of another RAI production, even 29 years on?
DV
DVB Cornwall
We have a winner

Kunst and tightrope78 gave kudos
KU
Kunst
Much better than Ultimo and especially Il Volo, even if I'm still a huge fan of Bertè
KU
Kunst
Italy's San Remo Finale is chugging along this evening, which I have joined after a few minutes in Iceland ....

First Major cock-up backing track failure for singer 'Mahmood' restart allowed.

There are as usual TWENTY FOUR entrants.... If it finishes by midnight in the UK we'll be lucky.

I can't get into SanRemo at all. I think half the issue is the songs are in Italian so it makes it harder to watch, along with the general length and chaos of the thing.

Yeah as an Italian I admit it's way TOO long, but that's one problem with many prime time shows in Italy

But what's the problem with the songs being in the local language?
NG
noggin Founding member

LH2 is a good shout for a NF location.

I think you'd need to bump up the budget quite a lot... Greatest Dancer, X factor etc. all have Saturday night prime time BBC One/ITV budgets - and can spread the set design and construction costs, as well as lighting costs, over multiple broadcasts (economies of scale).

The economics of doing something similar for a one-off are very different - particularly in LH2 - which is neither a venue nor a purpose-built TV studio. (Ditto George Lucas 2)

This is why you don't see one-off shows in LH2 or George Lucas 2 - and instead see them in TC1, HQ1 etc., or from existing venues.
JM
JamesM0984

LH2 is a good shout for a NF location.

I think you'd need to bump up the budget quite a lot... Greatest Dancer, X factor etc. all have Saturday night prime time BBC One/ITV budgets - and can spread the set design and construction costs, as well as lighting costs, over multiple broadcasts (economies of scale).

The economics of doing something similar for a one-off are very different - particularly in LH2 - which is neither a venue nor a purpose-built TV studio. (Ditto George Lucas 2)

This is why you don't see one-off shows in LH2 or George Lucas 2 - and instead see them in TC1, HQ1 etc., or from existing venues.

Good point. Case in point in Eurovision terms is the massive cost of Copenhagen despite the production really being an evolution of the Malmo show the year before. Looked spectacular and I don't think that set has ever been beaten, but because the venue was literally a shell, it cost a bomb.
JM
JamesM0984
Kunst posted:
Italy's San Remo Finale is chugging along this evening, which I have joined after a few minutes in Iceland ....

First Major cock-up backing track failure for singer 'Mahmood' restart allowed.

There are as usual TWENTY FOUR entrants.... If it finishes by midnight in the UK we'll be lucky.

I can't get into SanRemo at all. I think half the issue is the songs are in Italian so it makes it harder to watch, along with the general length and chaos of the thing.

Yeah as an Italian I admit it's way TOO long, but that's one problem with many prime time shows in Italy

But what's the problem with the songs being in the local language?

None at all, but it makes it less accessible I find.
BM
BM11
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/11/italian-egyptian-mahmood-singers-victory-angers-matteo-salvini
Italian goverment complaining about Italy’s entry,
And I think this article is hinting he might decline the offer to participate but I can’t speak Italian and confirm.
https://www.lastampa.it/2019/02/11/spettacoli/mahmood-italiano-al-cento-per-cento-ma-alleurovision-non-so-se-ci-andr-qiS65K3wrrYAZNQY0xzrWL/pagina.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Newer posts