TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
Turns out it was Bog Snorkellers, so a completely different ident was accidentally chosen! Anyway, here's how Oneness burst onto network BBC Two...

Makes you wonder if anyone would have the power to ask them to delay the restart of the match just for a couple of minutes to allow a smooth transition.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
On a slightly related note to this thread (since the sitcom first appeared on BBC One), it's been reported that Elizabeth and Emmet's house (they lived next door to the insufferable Hyacinth Bucket) is up for sale. Yours for 495k if you want to live in Binley Woods in Coventry. See here for all the details. Looks nice.

Think only the exteriors were used in the show, the actual interior of both houses were stage sets somewhere else.
Woodpecker, paul_hadley and Spencer gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross
On a slightly related note to this thread (since the sitcom first appeared on BBC One), it's been reported that Elizabeth and Emmet's house (they lived next door to the insufferable Hyacinth Bucket) is up for sale. Yours for 495k if you want to live in Binley Woods in Coventry

Think only the exteriors were used in the show, the actual interior of both houses were stage sets somewhere else.

Which itself is no longer in existence. TC8 at Television Centre
JK
JKDerry
On a slightly related note to this thread (since the sitcom first appeared on BBC One), it's been reported that Elizabeth and Emmet's house (they lived next door to the insufferable Hyacinth Bucket) is up for sale. Yours for 495k if you want to live in Binley Woods in Coventry

Which itself is no longer in existence. TC8 at Television Centre

I have fond memories of TC8. Great studio. Home to some of the best sitcoms on British television. Shame it could not have remained.
DA
davidhorman

That's going to be very inconvenient for the new owners.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

That's going to be very inconvenient for the new owners.

Wonder if they get phone calls from next door demanding inviting them to coffee? Smile
BR
Brekkie
I bet everyone who has lived in the house next door has ended up with the nickname "Mrs Bucket".

And you'd just have to answer the phone "The Bouquet Residence".
RN
Rolling News
Speaking of Keeping Up Appearances, I've only just read online the sad news that Clive Swift (aka Richard) passed away last Friday at the age of 82.

RIP Clive.
:-(
A former member

WO
Woodpecker
I bet everyone who has lived in the house next door has ended up with the nickname "Mrs Bucket".

And you'd just have to answer the phone "The Bouquet Residence".

With, of course, the occasional "This is not the Chinese takeaway! This is a private white slimline telephone with automatic redial!"
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Is it just me, or have a lot of the older idents resurfaced recently? I hadn't seen Tandem Cyclists for a while, but now seen it thrice in two days, Birdwatchers seems to be surfacing more regularly atm, and I spotted the Llamas for the first time in about a year nowadays. Hope the trend doesn't continue, I'd rather not see the Exercise class again, not to mention the Swimmers *shudder*
PF
PFML84
Is that Britbox YouTube channel official or something fan made? Weird to think they did a mash-ups of OFAH and KUA/Vicar of Dibley. Surely to foreign viewers, seeing two shows put together would be confusing?

Newer posts