The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
Good God man, where are your safe areas?! Wink
MD
mdtauk
Good God man, where are your safe areas?! Wink

Well they are here, where they are supposed to be lol

And the graphics fit better than CNN's does Razz

but Bloomberg does ok
DA
davidhorman
I'm obviously behind the times here!
MD
mdtauk

In the past, BBC News has tried to cater to 14:9 and some 4:3 parts of the world. 2013 was when the last set of graphics were designed, and the guidelines for international programmes suggest the standard 16:9 safe areas as used by Sky News, etc.

It is possible the next set will be designed to also fit those 14:9 safe areas.
MD
mdtauk
14:9 versions for those who object to 16:9 safe

BA
bilky asko

see here ……..

DOCS on TECH.EBU.CH
07-Feb-2019 @ 14:45
AN
Andrew Founding member
Don’t get what’s so hard to understand about the idea that moving sport/news is on a case-by-case basis.

Well, indeed. And the most obvious point is that, as an 8.05 kick-off, it could move over at the very start of extra time rather than, as last time, halfway through it.

Except it wasn’t at the very start, it was messily about 1 minute into it.

They’ve obviously realised the situation in the last round wasn’t the best so changed their mind this time, rather than it being a case by case basis.
RK
Rkolsen

In the past, BBC News has tried to cater to 14:9 and some 4:3 parts of the world. 2013 was when the last set of graphics were designed, and the guidelines for international programmes suggest the standard 16:9 safe areas as used by Sky News, etc.

It is possible the next set will be designed to also fit those 14:9 safe areas.

That’s one thing I wish they did. BBC needs to supply the US with either a straight out 16:9 widescreen feed or letterboxed 16:9 in a 4:3. Their 14:9 in 4:3 isn’t working well anymore especially as content is moving out of safe areas.
WO
Worzel
Rather amusing shot of Clive Myrie sitting in the newsroom eating his dinner complete with knife and fork in hand at the 7pm top of the hour. Very Happy
bkman1990 and Spencer gave kudos
JA
JAS84
Did he lose track of time and not realise he was on air?
bkman1990 and The SNT Three gave kudos
:-(
A former member
What no pics?
JO
Johnnie
What no pics?

paul_hadley and SuperSajuuk gave kudos

Newer posts