TV Home Forum

Eleven Sports

Closed down for 2 hrs on Sat afternoon 09/02/2019 (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Get the feeling Sky and BT weren't too bothered about the loss of European football. Its decent schedule filler but clearly not driving subscriptions - can't see many subscribing for European leagues who wouldn't have already subscribed for the Premier League or Champions League.
DV
DVB Cornwall
A connected TV App at last ....

Amazon Fire ....

ST
Ste Founding member
A connected TV App at last ....

Amazon Fire ....

Is this the first time they have shown Copa Del Rey? New rights acquisition ?
DV
DVB Cornwall
See previous page .....
ST
steveboswell
A very thorough checklist on that tweet. Makes getting Eleven Sports to appear on your TV look more complicated than it probably is, particularly as you'd need to own a Fire Stick already!

In any case, I'm watching for the first time courtesy of the STV Player from my house in, err... Glasgow. Zipper
RD
rdd Founding member
Copa del Rey now using red and yellow version of the La Liga graphics, incidentally.
RD
rdd Founding member
Also not sure if it’s been noticed, but the linear La Liga TV channel is gone, while Eleven Sports 2 is reduced down to a part time “as needed” channel.
JA
Jarv
Such a budget outfit now, why anybody would sign up is beyond me, just glad I got a rebate for the remaining months of my annual subscription
Last edited by Jarv on 7 February 2019 5:50pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
According to their online EPG, they are not offering any programming whatsoever from 1515-1715 today.

3:15 pm ON NOW
No programming available - coverage resumes at 5:15
BR
Brekkie
More OFF NOW than ON NOW then. Does the blackout prevent pre-recorded football as well?
RD
rdd Founding member
More OFF NOW than ON NOW then. Does the blackout prevent pre-recorded football as well?

Apparently so - its “any transmission of football” (subject to the other exemptions contained in the Regulations).
RD
rdd Founding member
Watching tonight, the reason why the linear LaLiga TV channel is gone is quite obvious - it’s not gone, Eleven Sports 1 has become it! The only Eleven Sports branding remaining on the channel is the DOG, with no advertisements and all continuity coming from LaLiga TV. Looking at the schedule all programmes are LaLiga, with the remaining other programming on the part time Eleven Sports 2 channel.

Newer posts