The Newsroom

The RTE News Thread

Discussion about RTE News (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
peterrocket Founding member
rdd posted:
It’s far more explainable (and is essentially a globe form up) than the brown titles from the mid-2000s which were completely inexplainable (the fact that they had chosen chocolate brown as their base colour was already a pretty bizarre choice, but the titles themselves were truly bizarre.

I think I managed to make out an egg in the middle of it, but the rest I'd love to hear the design concept behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDt1JlEIHXo

That whole look really was tragic. The bizarre watch alarm beep beep near the beginning of the titles stood out for me. And the hazy brown awfulness of the studio background. Hideous.

You know, I never noticed the beep beep before! I think that’s the hourly sound Casio watches used to make.
BK
bkman1990
How did TWIP go today? Were they back in Studio 3?
BK
bkman1990
I just seen a snippet of TWIP on RTÉ News Now during the repeat of the news summary.

Aine Lawlor & her guests are using the couch & small desk in Studio 3. I don't think there is any changes to the background.
JB
JBie
Here are some captures of TWIP from the RTÉ Player. Apologies for the low resolution. The music and onscreen graphics are unchanged. In the second picture, behind the desk, you can see where the ends of the panels were when the graphics were used on the old set.

BK
bkman1990
The news2day presenting duo are back in Studio 3 today. They are both sitting on the couch. No changes to the presentation though.
JK
JKDerry
Does RTE News Now have the same look and presentation to RTE News new look?
JB
JBie
Does RTE News Now have the same look and presentation to RTE News new look?

It hasn't changed from the way it was before. I don't have a problem with the content, but the picture-within-an-information-screen style is about 20 years behind its time. It spoils anything you might watch on the channel.
RD
rdd Founding member
It doesn’t particularly need to change this time, the logo hasn’t changed and the lower thirds etc haven’t changed very much.
JK
JKDerry
Does RTE News Now provide separate content from the streamed RTE One news bulletins?
WW
WW Update
Here's a very short clip of RTÉ News Now from yesterday:

JB
JBie
Does RTE News Now provide separate content from the streamed RTE One news bulletins?

They have a few live bulletins, entertainment updates & film interviews, highlights from recent programmes (as you can see in WW Update's video) and a live relay of Euronews (including Raw Politics). Sometimes it shows sporting events that don't fit into the other channels' schedules. For those broadcasts they remove the news graphics.

More cooperation with Euronews might turn News Now into a much better channel. AFAIK RTÉ still owns part of Euronews.
BB
BBI45
JBie posted:
AFAIK RTÉ still owns part of Euronews.

RTÉ still holds a share in Euronews SA.

Newer posts