TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD

Final approval given by Ofcom, launching in 2019 (March 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Aurora borealis

At this time of the day
At this time of the year
In this part of the country
Localised entirely within your kitchen?
:-(
A former member
Yes.
BR
Brekkie
Aurora borealis

Bless you.
JF
JetixFann450
Seems like they're still using the totally not stolen from Screen Gems brand new channel logo on the BBC Scotland page.

Going to say it now, BBC NI's logo on the homepage looks jankier because every other nation has gone for the same sort of style.
JA
james-2001
Yes.

May I see it?
A former member

May I see it?

No.
BB
BruceBBC
Quick thought and very interested in your opinions.

Opening night for the channel. does it make sense to launch the channel and feature all new announcers on opening night, perhaps rotating at each junction. Or, just one announcer as per a normal day?
JO
Joe

Opening night for the channel. does it make sense to launch the channel and feature all new announcers on opening night, perhaps rotating at each junction. Or, just one announcer as per a normal day?

It's worrying that, as controller of the channel, you are farming these decisions out to an internet forum.
bilky asko, Steve Williams and thegeek gave kudos
BB
BruceBBC
Joe posted:

It's worrying that, as controller of the channel, you are farming these decisions out to an internet forum.

Controller of the channel... Laughing
RD
roger delacroix
If I think about it though originally Sky tried to have a channel for Scotland https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Scottish and failed, STV also attempted to try a channel for Scotland https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STV2 and failed, how can the BBC think that they will succeed? plus the actual cash for this stating is low though, a whole year for half a new EastEnders set, plus there will on longer be a Two Scotland so further savings there and also instead of putting a dedicated Scottish Six on BBC One instead of the current irrelevant news, they will hide one away at a later time (9PM) on this new channel when everyone else is watching prime time stuff on other channels, honestly how the hell the BBC thinks that this new channel won't have the same fate of STV2 and Sky Scottish?
A former member
I wonder if high road could end up on it, that is a big winner.
RD
roger delacroix
I wonder if high road could end up on it, that is a big winner.

isn't high road an ITV series?

Newer posts