TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
I like it the way it is

For the time being yes, but what is it going to look like as the skyline changes and the background still has cranes and empty shells where full developments now stand?

Hardly anyone will notice?
JO
Jon
It would be no hardship to get some cameras filming a few days a year if when skyline changes happen. I can’t see the backdrop changing as it’s kind of a trademark of the show.
JK
JKDerry
I agree, the view of London south bank will change over the years and it will be easy to film, but it will take time as work in the area will take a number of years. I sense the current look will stay on screen for the next four years, and then when the new redeveloped south bank area is up and running, they will film a new south bank look for the show.

Studio 3 will be the permanent home for the show now for the foreseeable future. I don't think ITV will quit Television Centre so there are opportunities for them to give This Morning a distinct new look in a few years time if they so wished.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Jon posted:
It would be no hardship to get some cameras filming a few days a year if when skyline changes happen. I can’t see the backdrop changing as it’s kind of a trademark of the show.

A Liverpool backdrop was a trademark of the show at one time. I think at the very least, the next time there's a new set it will reduce the prominence of the windows if it doesn't use a different view altogether.
JO
Jon
Jon posted:

A Liverpool backdrop was a trademark of the show at one time. I think at the very least, the next time there's a new set it will reduce the prominence of the windows if it doesn't use a different view altogether.

I’m well aware of that . But it’s been in London a lot longer than it was in Liverpool and you could say that body of water has always been in the DNA of the show and it would be odd to now use anything other the show.

Will they reduce the prominence of the backdrop? Maybe but it won’t be because it’s not their physical location when the screens are almost as effective as the window was.
Last edited by Jon on 1 February 2019 8:43pm - 2 times in total
JK
JKDerry
Jon posted:
Jon posted:

I’m well aware of that.

I’m well aware of that . But it’s been in London a lot longer than it was in Liverpool and you could say that body of water has always been in the DNA of the show and it would be odd to now use anything other the show.

Will they reduce the prominence of the backdrop? Maybe but it won’t be because it’s not their physical location when the screens are almost as effective as the window was.

We all know the show comes now from Television Centre, so the London backdrop is just there as part and parcel of the set since it moved to London in 1996. They won't ditch the London backdrop.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Sorry, when I posted "I'm well aware of that", it must have been in the box before I started writing my post (from a previous response). It wasn't meant to be in response to that post (as it makes no sense).
JO
Jon
Sorry, when I posted "I'm well aware of that", it must have been in the box before I started writing my post (from a previous response). It wasn't meant to be in response to that post (as it makes no sense).

Sorry it was my mistake.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Aha, I was sure I wouldn't dream of being so sassy. Wink
AA
Aaron_2015
They’ve edited the backdrop and digitally completed one of the buildings (at the kitchen end) that’s still being built in reality. It looks a little odd, but it’s an improvement over a building site with a crane in front. (Phil joked about it on his story).
AL
alexhduk
They’ve edited the backdrop and digitally completed one of the buildings (at the kitchen end) that’s still being built in reality. It looks a little odd, but it’s an improvement over a building site with a crane in front. (Phil joked about it on his story).

Brekkie, Adam Till and watchingtv gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
That's the Arundel Great Court development which prompted my pondering about the long time viability of the view.

Newer posts