The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
QN
Quatorzine Neko
In a lot of regions, the magazine Ensemble c'est mieux ! takes place on the same set as the regional news; however, a few regions which have a separate set put this magazine in that separate set. This is the case in New Aquitaine where the magazine set looks more convivial and laid-back, therefore more suited for this programme imho.

London Lite and WW Update gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Good to see one of the FR3 regions putting in an effort with Ensemble c'est mieux ! The network version used for some providers shows the Paris Île-de-France edition which when watching in HD is on a par with the BBC English regions for poor upscaling.
WW
WW Update
WCCO, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A,, 1982; I've always like the simple but distinctive theme used by WCCO in the early '80s. The crash of Air Florida Flight 90 is the top story:

WW
WW Update
Moving on to Australia, an updated historical compilation of news intros from TVQ (Channel 0, then Channel 10) in Brisbane, Queensland, from 1974 to the present day. (The first intro is audio-only. And is it just me, or does their early 1980s theme bear a vague resemblance to a part of Eleanor Rigby?)

Last edited by WW Update on 31 January 2019 6:15pm
WW
WW Update
TV2/FYN, regional news for the island of Funen, Denmark, 2019:

Quatorzine Neko and seamus gave kudos
LT
LTSC1980
MTV3, Finland, 2018:
Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
WH
whoiam989
So, we have missed two news refreshes in Finland in 2018.
RO
rob Founding member

We should all hang our heads in shame for not noticing them sooner. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Mouseboy33, Sh1ruba and whoiam989 gave kudos
MQ
Mr Q
TV2/FYN, regional news for the island of Funen, Denmark, 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqe11cp5g38

To clarify, that's for the late news at 10pm. The other bulletins still use the less shiny, white/red titles, which have previously been shared in this thread.

What I like about TV 2 Fyn is that it presents as a natural extension of the national channel. All the other regions are a hodge podge of different looks.
WH
whoiam989
rob posted:

We should all hang our heads in shame for not noticing them sooner. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Aww, you don't need to feel that sad.
WO
Woodpecker
VTM, the first Dutch-language commercial channel in Belgium, turns 30 today; to celebrate, the public broadcaster VRT linked up with them during their midday news, with the anchors from both channels having a nice little chat live on air:

Here's a video featuring all the intros to VTM Nieuws from 1989 onwards (except the current intro). I have to say, the 2004 intro (2:04) remains my absolute favourite intro of any news programme, anywhere.

(Please note, the 2011 intro (2:40) does contain some distressing images in the headlines, so more sensitive viewers might want to skip that one.)

And here's the current intro, introduced in September last year:

Last edited by Woodpecker on 1 February 2019 4:00pm - 4 times in total
Rkolsen and WW Update gave kudos
WW
WW Update
From France, here's an interesting compilation of news intros used by ORTF's Channel Two (Deuxième chaîne) before ORTF was broken up in 1975. The news intro at 0:13 is especially interesting; it's a rare clip of 24 heures sur la 2 from before 1972, when the news team was moved lock, stock, and barrel to Channel One and became 24 heures sur la Une.

chinamug and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts