The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
patrickm
Irish presenter Alison Comyn on the overnight shift. I think she's ex UTV Ireland?

Yes. Very pleased to see her tonight. Main anchor on UTV Ireland.
bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
DA
Dave Founding member
And just after the weather before the 4am hour she clearly didn’t know she was on air as she started to wave her script and shout something but missed it before calming saying coming up on Sky World News..!
RO
rob Founding member
Confirmed in the last few minutes... Beth Rigby is the new Political Editor. She'll begin in May.
RA
Ratflump
rob posted:
Confirmed in the last few minutes... Beth Rigby is the new Political Editor. She'll begin in May.

Very Happy very well deserved.
BF
BFGArmy
Congratulations to Beth - well deserved. She's outstanding and will do a great job. Glad Sky went for her.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The right and sensible decision. She has impressed recently.
JW
JamesWorldNews
The right and sensible decision. She has impressed recently.

Her mother, Eleanor, was also very impressive........
HC
Hatton Cross
Her father Rupert, less so...
ST
Ste Founding member
Sam Coates is joining Sky News in the summer as Beths replacement in the Deputy Political Editor role. Currently he has that position at The Times.
DE
derek500
Good news about Sam Coates. I still maintain that Sky shifted to the left with the appointment of Faisal to help with the sell off and regulatory issues.

Hopefully, a move back to the centre now with Rigby and Coates at one and two.
RA
Ratflump
Good news about Sam Coates. I still maintain that Sky shifted to the left with the appointment of Faisal to help with the sell off and regulatory issues.

Sorry but I think that's a lot of tripe. Sky didn't move to the left with Faisal. Maybe you just moved to right...
SL
Shaun Linden

Sorry but I think that's a lot of tripe. Sky didn't move to the left with Faisal. Maybe you just moved to right...

Indeed. Faisal has been praised over the years for his reporting at Sky News. I don't know who said it but it's true that if you get both left and right saying you're bias then you're doing your job.

Newer posts