The Newsroom

Question Time with Fiona Bruce

January 2019 Onwards (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
The previous week, a women in the audience when answering the question on whether they feel a bit sorry for the PM, was allowed uninterrupted about 2 minutes to give her reasons why she firmly thinks the answer is no. This clip was shared and celebrated many times on Twitter.

The same people who shared that clip are the same people complaining about Fiona Bruce and the BBC’s treatment of Dianne Abbott.

It’s basically just an example of how politics is at the moment and how it all pans out on Twitter. Presumably if and when she gets into power nobody will be able to have a go at her when she makes a tough decision in her department, as it will be racist or sexist?
WI
willow77
I am so sick of people playing the 'Race' card! Just accept criticism for what it is, and work on your failings like most people!
Stuart and tightrope78 gave kudos
:-(
A former member
So whats the deal now with Question time

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-admits-fiona-bruce-make-13916292.amp
NE
News96
Probably absolutely nothing since the whole thing is a storm in a teacup! As you were folks!
EL
elmarko
Andrew, surely you can tell the difference between fair comment from the audience member and Fiona Bruce literally egging the audience on beforehand?
JO
Joe
Where you there?
EL
elmarko
Nope, you’re absolutely right, I wasn’t. But then, that wasn’t relevant to the question I asked. Especially given the Independent’s article tonight.

Edit: if not bias (a dodgy thing to claim) then surely it counts as unprofessional?
DA
davidhorman
Nope, you’re absolutely right, I wasn’t. But then, that wasn’t relevant to the question I asked.

What it's relevant to is the claim that "Fiona bruce [was] literally egging the audience on."
EL
elmarko
I was relying on several independent reports and eyewitness accounts, but I do take the point that that’s no substitute for being there, and we’ll probably never have any actual proof, so...

30 days later

JO
Johnr
Very abrupt editing at the end of the show tonight - Fiona asked "the man in the pink shirt" for a question and I don't know if it was asked/answered at the actual recording but on the TV they had the audience clapping to a response from the previous audience member followed by a cut to Fiona announcing time was up. (around 57:30 in on iPlayer)
JW
JamesWorldNews
I note a few comments on Twitter suggesting that last night’s QT was one of the worst ever editions in its entire history.

Having not seen it for myself, I can’t comment.
TR
TROGGLES
There seems to be a campaign on Twitter & elsewhere to down the programme by saying its been hijacked by one faction or another. It is quite extraordinary to watch people turn on each other because they don't like the message and then blame the media. It's like the dark ages & doctor Goebbels would be proud

Newer posts