The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MQ
Mr Q
By the way, any news about the TV2 Nyhederne relaunch?

New set was unveiled this evening. Looks good - definitely evolution rather than revolution, with many similar elements to the previous set.

No changes to graphics, and only a very slight change to the title music. The new 21:30 bulletin is when I would expect to see the new, improved virtual/augmented reality system in action.

Alas, I can't offer any footage!

EDIT: I can, however, offer another behind the scenes shot via Instagram - showing off the new desk and main presentation screen.
WW
WW Update
Ah, we now have a YouTube video of the new look:

JR
JRY
Lovely set! really modern.
bkman1990 and WW Update gave kudos
WW
WW Update
The 9:30 p.m. edition:

WW
WW Update
Quite a few relaunches and refreshes across Europe over the past couple of days: SIC, RTÉ, TV2, and M6. Compared to the others, M6's refresh is a bit of a letdown:

LT
LTSC1980
Open TV, Greece, 2018:
WH
whoiam989
Intro of Monday's Primeiro Jornal on SIC from the new set:

Apparently, SIC's new news music was composed by Filipe Melo (SoundCloud, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook). (Interestingly, he also happens to be a comic book writer, and also produced some short films.)

Shame that SIC's catch-up service don't have daily news programmes, unlike RTP and TVI.
Last edited by whoiam989 on 29 January 2019 3:26pm
WW
WW Update
Here's the evolution of SIC's Jornal da Noite since the 1990s:

whoiam989 and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
QN
Quatorzine Neko
Early 2010, South Africa

SABC News at 7 (on SABC 3)

Intro and headlines

WW
WW Update
Kringvarp Føroya (KVF); Faroe Islands (a self-governing territory of Denmark), 2018:

WW
WW Update
France 3; noontime regional news for Paris and Île-de-France (Greater Paris region), 2019:

And a regional magazine for the same region:

JA
Jamesypoo
Interesting use of a mouse to control the prompt, but it looks a bit clumsy when standing IMO.

Newer posts