TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Series 1-2 was shown I think on Trutv Adult swim block which no one know about at the back end of Dec 16?
PF
PFML84
I'm someone who would have watched a fair bit of TruTV previously and I had no idea about them showing AS content. Says a lot about their advertising I suppose.
OR
orange
Adult Swim would be an amazing block for them to utilise on 4Music or E4, it’ll be interesting to see where this takes them.
:-(
A former member
I'm someone who would have watched a fair bit of TruTV previously and I had no idea about them showing AS content. Says a lot about their advertising I suppose.

Here is the proof:

PF
PFML84
Well that's certainly new to me. I actually quite like that presentation style around the block of programming. Shame it wasn't seen by more viewers.

11 days later

DB
dbl
Sunday Brunch (sorry couldn't find a thread) looks like they've moved to Studio 2 at TVC now for today's show. From what I saw from social media.

Set definitely feels a lot bigger and the issue of the sunlight dominating the windows has been cured. (As it's now faked)
Last edited by dbl on 27 January 2019 11:00am - 3 times in total
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
dbl posted:
Sunday Brunch (sorry couldn't find a thread) looks like they've moved to Studio 2 at TVC now for today's show. From what I saw from social media.

Set definitely feels a lot bigger and the issue of the sunlight dominating the windows has been cured. (As it's now faked)

Mentioned over the last few pages, repeating what’s been said, I think two weeks ago was the first from TVC, with the few shows before hand being pre-recorded
FA
fanoftv
Speaking of which. Is there part of the studio hire that has to mention television centre? With This Morning featuring it in their titles, GMB featuring and mentioning it in their titles and now Sunday Brunch starting their show with a shot of it, I just thought it seemed a little odd.
JK
JKDerry
Speaking of which. Is there part of the studio hire that has to mention television centre? With This Morning featuring it in their titles, GMB featuring and mentioning it in their titles and now Sunday Brunch starting their show with a shot of it, I just thought it seemed a little odd.

It is due to the nature and history of the building that the building plays a part in titles of shows. It was the home to the BBC from 1960-2013 and was the world's largest purpose built television centre where their studios made some of the best television shows in the world. That is why it is used in titles etc.
FA
fanoftv
So they’re doing it to shout about it rather than being contractual.
JK
JKDerry
So they’re doing it to shout about it rather than being contractual.

There is no contractual arrangement to state it is Television Centre they are using. The Last Leg, The Graham Norton Show, The Russell Howard Hour all use the studio and never mention it is from Television Centre in their titles.
JA
james-2001
A shame TVC is a shadow of its former self now anyway.

Newer posts