The Newsroom

Sky News Raw

Livestream from the newsroom. Split from Sky News thread (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
Connews
Made more sense to do it on election night with so much going on. They may end up with very little content if they don’t get any news.

I actually think it will be quite interesting either way. If it's quiet - you get to see the rationale behind what we put on air instead!
MO
Mouseboy33

Maybe they could leave some of those cameras permanently and have a few different DTL options in their new newsroom (probably under a year old right?).

Ree member when WNBC did that a few years ago. Had those PTZ scattered around the newsroom where they would debrief the reporters as they worked on stories.

This idea is also reminiscent, on one level, during breaking news on FOX NEWS and Shephard Smiths programme from the FOX NEWS DECK how he would walk and talk to the people on those Giant Ipad desks as they are gathering the story. Im not a FAUX NEWS fan at all, but it is interesting telly. For us PrezTV nerds.
MA
mapperuo
Made more sense to do it on election night with so much going on. They may end up with very little content if they don’t get any news.

I actually think it will be quite interesting either way. If it's quiet - you get to see the rationale behind what we put on air instead!

Aye on reflection you make a good point. I'll be watching either way.
MO
Mouseboy33
TVNEWSER has little bit more on SkyNewsRaw
https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/report-sky-news-is-going-to-live-stream-everything-thats-happening-in-its-newsroom-for-17-straight-hours/391980
FO
FanOfTV99
Has anyone made a joke about WWE yet because of the name of Sky News RAW and it the same name as Monday Night RAW (grabs coat)
JO
Jon
I wonder if it will all be WWE news? LMAO!
DO
dosxuk
Has anyone made a joke about WWE yet because of the name of Sky News RAW and it the same name as Monday Night RAW (grabs coat)

No
CH
chris
This sounds incredibly dull.
NE
News96
And sounds like the start of a very early April 1st joke!
RK
Rkolsen

The article ends:

Quote:
Fox News and Sky News presently share the same parent company, 21st Century Fox. However, Comcast will soon own Sky News. I wonder how they feel about this move!?

Didn’t Comcast already sign or are they still in transition.
IS
Inspector Sands
No, they own it and have done since October.
https://news.sky.com/story/james-murdoch-quits-sky-as-comcast-takes-control-11522135
CL
Clouseau
Here's a suggestion! Build a tv studio, commission a set designer with a track record and bring a top notch lighting director on board - the UK has some of the best designers and LD's in the world. Oh and don't let anyone claiming to be a journalist near it until it's completed. It won't cure everything but at least it will be a start!

Newer posts