From Television Centre (April 2018)

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
What sort of ratings does Lorraine get?
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline

Apparently it gets an 18% audience share for its time slot, according to ITV. Don't know how that works out in ratings though.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Well a lower share than GMB then.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
NG
noggin Founding member

On Wed 23rd Lorraine got 0.9m / 20.6% share. It seems to be consistently in the 0.8m area at the moment - slightly higher absolute audience levels than GMB usually, but lower share, presumably because Breakfast has built.
Last edited by noggin on 24 January 2019 10:31pm - 2 times in total
CM
cmatthews13a Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Jonwo posted:
JK08 posted:
I am surprised that ITV aren't lining up an heir apparent to Piers, as I think few expect him to still be there in a few years. The only possible replacement I see is Eamonn Holmes, but whether he'd wish to reenter morning news on a permanent basis is another question.

I can't see Eamonn wanting to do breakfast television on a regular basis even if he had the same contract Piers had. He have to give up either Talk Radio or This Morning to do so,

Surely he could keep doing them all and just work 3/4 days like Piers?
RE
Reece24 Anglia (West) Look East
Problems with the 8am opening this morning (at 8:04) - the date and V/O was over the weather summary.
DM
DeMarkay London London
Problems with the 8am opening this morning (at 8:04) - the date and V/O was over the weather summary.

I don’t mean this in a rude way but does anyone actually care about technical issues?
Last edited by DeMarkay on 26 January 2019 1:17am
FG
FraserGJ Wales Wales Today

I don’t mean this in a rude way but does anyone actually care about technicial issues?

I do - it's one of the few situations where the gloss/polish in a production is wiped away and you get a chance to see under the surface a bit.

The above isn't the best example but other cases where you get to see VT clocks or testcards/bars, as in the example from BBC Two a few years back where there was a mistake booking lines the morning after DST and a BT tower slide went out.
030293 Wales Wales Today

I don’t mean this in a rude way but does anyone actually care about technicial issues?

I do - it's one of the few situations where the gloss/polish in a production is wiped away and you get a chance to see under the surface a bit.

The above isn't the best example but other cases where you get to see VT clocks or testcards/bars, as in the example from BBC Two a few years back where there was a mistake booking lines the morning after DST and a BT tower slide went out.

Something for the Weekend wasn't it?

paul_hadley and watchingtv gave kudos
FG
FraserGJ Wales Wales Today
Something for the Weekend wasn't it?

That's the one! I could only think of Sunday Brunch and I knew it wasn't that. I recall The Last Leg was hit by a similar issue a few years ago too, I don't think that was DST related though.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
The Paul O’Grady Show was struck by it too, I’m sure that POG was similarly around the time that the clocks were changed.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
It happened to The Last Leg too, can't remember if that was when the clocks changed or not though. In that case, we got to see what happened during the disruption on 4OD and the 4Seven repeat (the show just continued as if they were on air with a brief aknowledgement after they came back).

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic