The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
derek500
Ali F
Anna Botting continuing to present past midnight tonight, with a second (well, third) Press Preview at 00:30.

Last I checked the 12:30am Preview is a repeat of the 11:30pm one which is then aired off and on throughout the night.

Usually, yes, but on Wednesday night/Thursday morning there was another live Press Preview broadcasted at 00:30. Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce were the reviewers on both the 22:30 and 23:30 programmes, however Andrew was replaced by Rachel Cunliffe on the 00:30 edition.

I wish they were 22.30 and 23.30. The actual content is getting shorter and shorter. PP is regularly starting at 36/37 past the hour, a four minute ad break and off for the weather at 54.

I suppose there's more watching the PP than the ad free NAT, but it's not good for viewers.
AS
AlexS
BBC NC presenter Carole Walker appeared on sunrise this morning as a 'political commentator'.
GI
Gibsy
Rob Powell to become political correspondent in January, joining from the BBC
RA
Ratflump
Gibsy posted:
Rob Powell to become political correspondent in January, joining from the BBC

Hopefully because Beth's been promoted to editor Cool
LL
London Lite Founding member
According to his tweet, he'll be mainly doing weekend shifts with a couple of daytime shifts. This doesn't suggest anything about the editor's job as Tamara Cohen and Kate McCann will still be around. (Kate I think was Beth's replacement as a correspondent).
JW
JamesWorldNews
According to his tweet, he'll be mainly doing weekend shifts with a couple of daytime shifts. This doesn't suggest anything about the editor's job as Tamara Cohen and Kate McCann will still be around. (Kate I think was Beth's replacement as a correspondent).

Aha. A kind of modern day Peter Spencer, sans the pink Rolls Royce.

36 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Isabel Webster is back from maternity leave in the coming days. She'll present the Friday mid-morning slot with Sam Washington and weekends 5-8pm.

The knock-on consequence of this is that the popular pairing of Stephen Dixon and Gillian Joseph, which was broken up for a while, will now remain on an ongoing basis.
Last edited by rob on 25 January 2019 2:22pm
BFGArmy and London Lite gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy
rob posted:
Isabel Webster is back from maternity leave in the coming days. She'll present the Friday mid-morning slot with Sam Washington and weekends 5-8pm.

The knock-on consequence of this is that the popular pairing of Stephen Dixon and Gillian Joseph, which was broken up for a while, will now remain on an ongoing basis.

Good to see Stephen and Gillian reunited for good. They're a great on-screen combo

An all-female line-up on Friday lunchtimes - can't think of too many cases over the years on UK news where the regular schedule has two women anchoring bulletins together (though obviously that's ignoring when a presenter is on-location or when a female anchor is standing in for a male anchor).

Sky will have a pretty strong collection of relief presenters too with Isabel now back - Tom,Gamal and Sarah are all able to cover any sort of slot.
Last edited by BFGArmy on 26 January 2019 10:51am
TV
TVViewer256
rob posted:

What I was hinting at a few months ago. I thought this would happen, and, when I enquired, I found it correct. Stephen and Gillian work better together I think because of their age. The gap is much less than Stephen and Isabel
LL
rob posted:

What I was hinting at a few months ago. I thought this would happen, and, when I enquired, I found it correct. Stephen and Gillian work better together I think because of their age. The gap is much less than Stephen and Isabel

It really isn't age. It's about chemistry which the Stephen and Gillian duo have.

As much as I like Isabel's delivery, I'm sorry to see the Tom and Samantha duo broken-up.
Ratflump and derek500 gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
rob posted:

That’s a rather presumptive and ageist remark to make!
LL
Irish presenter Alison Comyn on the overnight shift. I think she's ex UTV Ireland?

Newer posts