The Newsroom

Sky News Raw

Livestream from the newsroom. Split from Sky News thread (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BF
BFGArmy
An interesting idea from Sky News:

I'm guessing this is thing Rob was referring to. Imagine the reaction if somebody had suggested this as an idea on here - there would've been uproar.

Can't see this ending well at all - can't imagine Sky's reporters will be too happy and surely the only viewers will be "political nerds" and you'll likely get all sorts of nutjobs on Twitter suggesting all sorts if any meetings/discussions take place over screen. All seems a bit pointless.

Still at least it'll excite some on here who seem to forget Sky is a news channel rather than a presentation exercise.
VM
VMPhil
On one hand it sounds bonkers.

On the other hand it sounds like it'll be the most exciting day on TVF ever!
GI
Gibsy
Similar to what they did on Election night with Martin Stanford & Mark Longhurst #bothstillmissed
Last edited by Gibsy on 24 January 2019 7:42pm
fanoftv and derek500 gave kudos
MA
mapperuo
Made more sense to do it on election night with so much going on. They may end up with very little content if they don’t get any news.
MA
Markymark
Apparently it's a one day project.

And Feb 5th, Sky News’s 30th Birthday?
WO
Worzel
How about setting up one of the cameras in a way that produces a nice newsroom backdrop shot for Sunrise and overnights in the broom cupboard studio?
RK
Rkolsen
I hope it’s not geo blocked.

Maybe they could leave some of those cameras permanently and have a few different DTL options in their new newsroom (probably under a year old right?).

I wonder when this project was thought up pre or post Comcast?
DE
derek500
Better give Adam Boulton the day off!! Though he works from Milbank so won't be exposed.
ME
mediamonkey91
Ooh this is intriguing... What platforms will the dedicated channel be available on (presumably Sky only and likely SD)? Did someone say for one day only or is it going to be a permanent thing? As others had said, it’s seeming got a bit of a niche appeal (mainly people like us I guess). Maybe this is their birthday treat to us! I suspect they will have to cross promote from the main channel! Would be a good opportunity for a fresh graphics package to debut across both!
RO
rob Founding member
I suspect they will have to cross promote from the main channel! Would be a good opportunity for a fresh graphics package to debut across both!

For the love of...

Once more with feeling... there will be no pres changes on Feb 5th or in the foreseeable future - and "Sky News Raw" was the thing I suggested would interest people. No further speculation necessary.
Last edited by rob on 24 January 2019 8:11pm
IS
Inspector Sands
I think I'd quickly book a day off if that was to happen in a news room I worked in Confused

Could be very interesting if there's a big story that day, like when they filmed behind the scenes at BBC News the day Nigel Lawson resigned
WH
Whataday Founding member
Made more sense to do it on election night with so much going on. They may end up with very little content if they don’t get any news.

We've not really been short on news for several years have we?

Newer posts